What Do You Shoot? How Long Have You Played?

PTS

I started playing last year after my hockey career ended, I picked it up pretty well.

I shot at 90 (give or take 2 or 3) everytime, which I'm told is good for never playing the game. My goal is to get to 83 by the end of this season.

I played on a Par 3-9 hole earlier this week and shot a 32.

20+ years.

Handicap down to 14. Shoot mid-high 80's usually. On really bad days I can approach the century mark, but those thankfully are few and far between.

If I could putt I would do a lot better.

Let me add a little to this, as yesterday is a typical round for me. Shot a 94 (bad). Had a 51 on the front and a 43 on back.

Now the stats are funny.

I hit 6 out of 7 fairways on drivable holes on the front nine, but only 1 green in regulation. Everything was a bogie or worse except 9 which was a 400 yard par 4 that I birdied. I had only 14 putts, yet my irons sucked and got the 51.

Back 9 hit 1 out of 7 drivable holes. Putted poorly and had 20 putts on the back nine. Yet I had 4 pars and just missed a 5th (lipped the putt). I believe I had 5 green in reg on the back. Irons were pretty damn good the back nine.

Well, I averaged 84.2 last year on a fairly tough course (129/72.1), which probably equates to a 7 or 8 handicap.

I played a lot last year (~4 rounds/week) but don't anticipate playing very much this year.

I started playing in my early teens (my 1st round was a 155), basically gave the game up through my 20s & picked it up back again.

I shoot a Martin compound bow, a Remington BDL in .308 Win. and an 870 pump 12 ga. shotgun. This past year, I shot three deer, a couple turkey and... oh, pffft... Golf? Never mind.

I have my own style of play I refer to as Suck Management.

I try to manage not to suck too badly.

That said, I've been playing for about eight year and took up the sport simply to work clients, who are more than happy to watch me suck because they know I don't take the game seriously and if things get out of control, I just pick up. I hover around the century mark.

However, you give me 18 holes of golf with a potential client holding a potential order, and at the end of the round I'll have a new client placing his first order with me. The golf course is the single best place to close a deal. Period.

I shoot low 80's most of the time. I have never broken 80. I missed a 4 foot putt for 79 one day.

My crowning achievement in Golf is driving 400+ yards. It was at Holiday Valley on the original 9 hole side. It was the downhill hole where the green is right next to the proshop and chalet. I think it was a 440 yard hole or something. It was the best drive i have ever had.

I normally drive the ball on average of 280+

I play about 4-5 times a summer for the last 20-25 years.

I usually card about 12 beers, a few shots at the turn, a hogleg, a lefty, a dip in the pond and pull the 'ol "loosened bag strap on my opponents cart" trick at least once.

The card usually says around 90+/-, but I know them cheatin sonsabitches are always playing defense by adding strokes to my refined game.

Well, they say practice makes perfect.

I used to be a scratch golfer, no handicap, and could regularly shoot under par.

That being said, I don't play nearly as much. I'm lucky to get out 5 - 6 times per year now. I usually shoot around 80. I played at Myrtle Beach, "The Witch", earlier this year, three day golfing trip, and shot a 78 which was a damn good round on that course.

I would love to play more, just don't have the time.

I used to play 10-15 times a year mostly on town courses. Would normally shoot between 95-100. Then came the time to begin parenting and I made a decision to give up the game until I retire(except for 1 or 2 "scramble format" tournaments per summer). No time, patience or interest to play more.

I grew up on a little 9 hole golf course and picked up the game when I was around 10 yo. At my best when I was a senior in high school, I was a scratch golfer and was the #1 man on an excellent golf team. In the past few years however, my game has regressed but I still possess a modest 6 handicap.

have played off and on for 15 years. never devoted myself to lessons or practice time. best score is an 81. current handicap around 20. just went out for the first time this season on sunday and surprised myself w/ a 91. maybe i'll take a few lessons this year.

I've been playing about 20+ years and I'm about a 5 handicap. I missed a lot of time during college when I worked on a golf course maintenance crew (free golf, but I was wiped out by the end of the day most times), but my game has gotten better over the past 3-4 years.

I finally shot even par last summer, even though I missed a couple of make-able birdie putts. :huh:

I've probably been playing for about 30 years. About 15 years ago, I got down to about a 4 handicap, even shot under par a few times. I was playing 3 or 4 times a week then though. Now, I shoot in the upper 80's to low 90's. Just getting out to play is a little tricky anymore.