The Battle of Lake Travis - Hope our Texas Board Members are Safe

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

Actions speak louder than words, mate. 

Funny...

Her actions are actually worse than her words, according to her record and how quickly she dropped out as a presidential candidate.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

Now you're getting it.  

I always had it. Biden and Harris are trash. Trump is wet hot trash.

1 minute ago, DFT said:

Funny...

Her actions are actually worse than her words, according to her record and how quickly she dropped out as a presidential candidate.  

Are you confused about my point? You keep making my case.

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

If I hate police I vote for the cop and the guy that supports strong police? The math doesn't check out.

You're purposefully being disingenuous. Biden is for defunding police. Period,

Next you're going to tell me BIden has always been in favor of fracking. :lol: 

35 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

You're purposefully being disingenuous. Biden is for defunding police. Period,

Next you're going to tell me BIden has always been in favor of fracking. :lol: 

"period"? That's always a good way to tell when someone is telling the truth...

Biden is absolutely not in favor of defubnding the police. If he was, I'd consider voting for him.|

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/30/907026973/fact-check-trump-and-bidens-records-on-criminal-justice

Biden's record

As Republicans were fond of noting during their convention, Biden has a 47-year record as a U.S. senator and then vice president. During much of his Senate career, he was a member of and chairman of the Judiciary Committee and in 1994 sponsored the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act.

It came in a different era, as Democrats set out to prove that they, too, were "tough on crime." The bill included a 10-year ban on assault-style weapons as well as the Violence Against Women Act, which Biden points to today as a signal of his commitment to ending domestic violence.

But the act also included harsh penalties for drug-related crimes and money to construct new prisons, which critics said led to the mass incarceration of Black men. It also included funding to hire 100,000 additional police officers.

Now, Biden has backed away from some of the provisions in that bill, while at the same time rejecting calls by some in his party to defund police departments.

He has proposed a ban on police chokeholds, a new federal police oversight commission, new national standards for when and how police use force, more mandatory data collection from local law enforcement and other steps.

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-53997196

7 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Anyone else in a boat on the lake who didn't know there was about to be a Trump rally. 

“Go Bills - this board has lost it's luster. 

I'll be back when Biden wins. Until then, sayonara all.”

- John Brennan

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Ohhhhh so the rally caused the weather that caused the rough water.   Oh those Trumpers. 

The rough water was caused by too many large boats going too fast through the water, not the weather.

On Saturday in Spicewood, TX, a city on Lake Travis, it was 88 degrees and partly cloudy. 0" of rain.

https://weather.com/weather/monthly/l/Spicewood+TX?canonicalCityId=d5dd17a8704d5640e313dda06b4ceb3625c6e2d0c7098e85a0b75314b39f3399

39 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

This is the wonderful PPP content that makes this place special. What would we do without this fantastic comment?

Indeed they did.

Zebra lives matter!

18 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

The rough water was caused by too many large boats going too fast through the water, not the weather.

On Saturday in Spicewood, TX, a city on Lake Travis, it was 88 degrees and partly cloudy. 0" of rain.

https://weather.com/weather/monthly/l/Spicewood+TX?canonicalCityId=d5dd17a8704d5640e313dda06b4ceb3625c6e2d0c7098e85a0b75314b39f3399

There was no mention of wind speed on that site you linked to. Can be nice and clear and very windy. Ever hear of small craft warnings.

You gave no  indication that the sinking were caused by other boats except your statement.

Went boating with  my friend.  There were no small craft warnings  that day, but we never made it outside the breakwater. Too dangerous.  Even inside the waves were 1-2 feet.

1 hour ago, Crayola64 said:

Lake Travis is one of my favorite lakes in the country with so much to do within 30 minutes.  And it’s one of the most beautiful parts of the country.

highly recommend a visit there.  

Sounds like there might be sunken treasure there now, too, in view of recent events.