Barnwell - Bills biggest achilles heel

12 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I'm not sure how anyone could argue with this objectively. Going into the season he's a QB at the bottom 3rd of the league. We've all seen the potential for him to be more than that, but he has to put it together.

I don’t know if I’d agree with that.   Going off of this list:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-monson-ranking-all-32-starting-quarterbacks-ahead-of-the-2020-nfl-season

... I can only say I’d definitely take #s 1-10 and #12 over Allen at this point in their careers.  Obviously his stats are one thing, but those don’t tell the whole story.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was actually a pretty fair assessment. 

Get your pitch forks out BillsMafia!   If you uneducated people on here don’t know who Achilles is....he had big muscles with long, blonde and flowing hair.  No dude could take him in a figh

Rose Byrne is "an average girl?"

1 hour ago, 34-78-83 said:

I don’t think someone remembers RJ or JP very well. They may have fooled us briefly at first but both were literally unable to process coverages or feel the pass rush. Josh is already miles better than those examples

I don't think Josh does well at all processing post snap. He holds the ball far too long. That hopefully changes.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

People need to quit being so defensive. He's not even saying mean or unreasonable things about Allen. 

In fact, he's mostly talking up how good the rest of the team around Allen has gotten & crediting the Bills Front Office for piecing together such a great roster. Basically boils down to it's all on Allen now to take the next step, that's it.

• Like (+1) 2
4 hours ago, RiotAct said:

I don’t know if I’d agree with that.   Going off of this list:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-monson-ranking-all-32-starting-quarterbacks-ahead-of-the-2020-nfl-season

... I can only say I’d definitely take #s 1-10 and #12 over Allen at this point in their careers.  Obviously his stats are one thing, but those don’t tell the whole story.

I think that list has him too low. The absolute highest I could put him would be #20 right now assuming Newton and Murray were flipped. I'm more inclined to put him at 22-23.

4 hours ago, LB48 said:

Thank you for being realistic and not scorching me!

Honestly, I think it speaks to the amount of QB talent in this league more than it does about him not being good. Compared to seasons past, most of the NFL has competent QB play with only a handful of youngsters as unknowns.

Allen is the Achilles heel of this team. As others have said he’s shown really good flashes. If he continues the 2nd half of last year and keeps ascending then we have something. 

If we have Houston game Josh we’re always going to be up and down offensively. He needs to be more consistent for this team to win Super Bowls instead of just making the playoffs 

10 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don't think Josh does well at all processing post snap. He holds the ball far too long. That hopefully changes.

needs to improve vs. were never even remotely able to process defenses (RJ and JP)  and playing scared is a big step. Its the comparison to those 2 chumps that is way off base here.

I dont think this assessment is unfair.  Allen has a lot to prove still.  There is no question about it.  There is also no question that he possess all the skills needed to be an elite top tier QB.  But can he put it all together? Can he fix his deep ball accuracy and poor decisions issues?  If he can, buckle up this team will be good for a long time. If he cant, it may be time to start looking at the QBs that will be in the 2022 NFL draft.