Barnwell - Bills biggest achilles heel

Just now, ScottLaw said:

I'd say he's not(or wasn't) nearly a good enough passer to BEAT the Ravens or Chiefs.... he was atrocious for much of that Ravens game. 

Not the point. The article is about the team's weakest link in the context of the entire squad. If we had beaten the Ravens Barnwell would be wondering whether Jackson was a good enough passer to beat the Bills. 

1 hour ago, White Linen said:

Josh is already better than Lamar Jackson

? Only Bills fans believe this nonsense. 

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Okay so I will admit that I didn't know that was Rose Byrne.  I guess I don't like her with curly hair.

She isn't hotter than Helen though.

Your original assessment was correct.

14 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Well, first two years of their respective career arcs are pretty damn similar, except Trubisky was better.

Maybe stats wise, but watching those two side by side, one guy will do whatever it takes to win and one guy will do this 

https://sportsmockery.com/2019/11/mitch-trubisky-passed-up-a-clear-1st-down-to-avoid-a-hit/

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Huh? 

Why would he be wondering that when the Ravens had the best record in AFC beating some of the other best teams in the league along the way? 

If we beat the Ravens last season, we likely play starters vs Jets and end up 12-4. Ravens would be 13-3. 

Granted that is just what if, but realistically the Bills won as many playoff games last season as did the Ravens. So I think it would be a fair question.

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Anyone without a biased brain could watch that Bills Ravens game and see the Ravens were clearly the better team.... Bills offense was absolutely dominated for much of the game and Allen was pretty bad in the process.

If the Bills pulled off that victory in which they got bailed out several times on that final drive with ridiculously questionable calls to put them in position to tie the game I honestly don't think anyone would've been wondering if Lamar Jackson was good enough to beat the Bills.

Its a different year so hopefully Allen and the team in general demonstrate they are good enough to beat any team in the league. 

Let's examine that 'bias'. Ravens had 18 first downs, Bills had 16. Each team had one turnover. Ravens won the yardage battle by 48 yards and the TOP by two minutes and 49 seconds. You think the difference in the game was 'ridiculously questionable calls' in the Bills' favor without mentioning the awful drops by our pass catchers and the fact that the 25% of the Ravens yards (not to mention the difference in the final score) came from a single very uncharacteristic busted coverage.

You seem very resistant to the idea that the Bills are a good football team for some reason.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

What an unattractive person.

she’s cute and you know it 

1 hour ago, teef said:

posting records to draw comparisons is always a tricky game.  there were a couple posters on here last year doing that to compare mcd and gase.  not a good look.

that is true. 

but you can’t count it out. 

it is a reason people say LJ is a great QB. 

when the season is over I’ll change my stance on his acumen if he plays like a star QB. 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 1

https://247sports.com/nfl/chicago-bears/Article/Mitch-Trubisky-draft-criticism-Bears-131732701/

You could take this Bears fansite article and do a global replace, plugging in "Josh Allen" for "Mitch Trubisky" and the article would just as true.

Trubisky will always be the Sam Bowie to Michael Jordan (Mahomes) and Charles Barkley (Watson). That's just what happens when your team trades up to pick you ahead of those guys. Allen is lucky; although the Bills clearly could've had Mahomes or Watson the year before, Allen so far has only Lamar eclipsing him, and because Lamar went 32nd in the draft (and because he is so unorthodox) the bar is lower.

Before everyone gets all worked up about it: I like Allen better than Trubisky! I think he'll continue to get better; I think Trubisky will be lucky to match his sophomore season. But let's be honest: the jury is still out on Josh. With a weak AFC East this year, he's gotta prove that he's the franchise guy this season. He hasn't done that yet.

Per ESPN:  "Allen has still started only 27 career games, so while this is a critical year, it’s hardly out of the question that he’ll continue to improve. If he takes a step forward as a passer and continues to be one of the league’s most effective rushing quarterbacks, the Bills should be able to win the AFC East and host a playoff game for the first time since 1996. If he drags an excellent defense down, he could become the next Mitchell Trubisky."

I don't care about Trubisky at all but I do have a feeling that the Bills 2020 season depends on Allen's STABILITY at QB. 

In my eyes he's still a Rob Johnson or J.P. Losman hybrid.  Great, strong arm with the ability to run.  BUT,  so herky jerky in the pocket and unpredictable in his decisions when under pressure.

I hope I'm wrong but I need proof!!

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, LB48 said:

Per ESPN:  "Allen has still started only 27 career games, so while this is a critical year, it’s hardly out of the question that he’ll continue to improve. If he takes a step forward as a passer and continues to be one of the league’s most effective rushing quarterbacks, the Bills should be able to win the AFC East and host a playoff game for the first time since 1996. If he drags an excellent defense down, he could become the next Mitchell Trubisky."

I don't care about Trubisky at all but I do have a feeling that the Bills 2020 season depends on Allen's STABILITY at QB. 

In my eyes he's still a Rob Johnson or J.P. Losman hybrid.  Great, strong arm with the ability to run.  BUT,  so herky jerky in the pocket and unpredictable in his decisions when under pressure.

I hope I'm wrong but I need proof!!

I don't really mean to single you out,  but it has to be said. You say "ESPN says..."  But WHO on ESPN? They have seemingly dozens of different announcers, analysts, etc giving opinions. ESPN almost never speaks with ONE voice and makes proclamations. Their employees do make statements however, and they have varying opinions. 

So can you give us a name? Supply a link? At least tell us where you heard/read/saw it?

With that said, it's hard to argue with the "if he improves...if he doesn't" outcomes. I think he'll be just fine.

ALERT: Two Bills Drive says Josh Allen will be just fine in 2020.

I don’t think someone remembers RJ or JP very well. They may have fooled us briefly at first but both were literally unable to process coverages or feel the pass rush. Josh is already miles better than those examples

3 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Why is this troll allowed to continually start new threads.  He has 3 waste of time threads on the first page alone.

We need limits on some posters.

Limits??  As in posting things you don't agree with??  Free Speech!

LB48, this is worse than my trivia question threads, and that’s sayin something... 🤣

Go Bills!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Why is this troll allowed to continually start new threads.  He has 3 waste of time threads on the first page alone.

We need limits on some posters.

I always wanted to see a mod approval kinda probation thing until you’re a proven thread starter. Maybe 10 good threads and no more approvals needed. Most of our guys post news, some post fun topics to debate. Others are trolling and want attention or drama. 
Could eliminate most of the worthless threads this way while giving the quality guys free will to continue posting. 

1 minute ago, LB48 said:

Limits??  As in posting things you don't agree with??  Free Speech!

There is no free speech here, Mr I got rights guy,  😂

• Like (+1) 1