Mannix in the Brady Bunch house?

ChevyVanMiller

Ran across a pretty interesting article detailing how the Brady Bunch home doubled as a backdrop for many Mannix scenes. Robert Reed filmed both shows concurrently and both series had the same producer. Mission Impossible also shot a scene in the house.

Pretty wild to see people other than the Bradys in that iconic house, especially Mannix waking up in the Brady girl bedroom. 

Here’s the link: https://www.metv.com/stories/mannix-spent-a-whole-lot-of-time-in-the-brady-bunch-house

Of course those are the same sets at the studio.

Star Trek used the Mayberry street  for "City on the Edge of Forever", the  episode with Joan Collins.

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

I loved Mannix. Great show. I believe the house used for 'The Cleavers' on 'Leave It To Beaver' was also used on 'Marcus Welby, M.D.' and was part of a studio sound lot.

http://www.thestudiotour.com/wp/studios/universal-studios-hollywood/backlot/current-backlot-sets/colonial-street-wisteria-lane/colonial-street-the-cleaver-house-leave-it-to-beaver-house/

• Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

if anyone cares ..... (gas) 

I used to live about a couple of miles from where they filmed "Dallas"

Southfork Ranch

It's weird to see Southfork nowadays. Back then (1980) it was in the middle of nowhere surrounded by other ranches. Now it's surrounded by generic subdivisions and a 7-11 down the street.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

It's weird to see Southfork nowadays. Back then (1980) it was in the middle of nowhere surrounded by other ranches. Now it's surrounded by generic subdivisions and a 7-11 down the street.

Miss Ellie and Jock Ewing are turning over in their graves...

3 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

I was in Allen off of E Bethany drive, by Story Brook Elementary in 2002 - 2003.  They were expanding big time then.  I can imagine it filled up with subdivision.  Looking the map I see a Wallymart was put in 

On 8/13/2020 at 6:58 AM, ChevyVanMiller said:

Ran across a pretty interesting article detailing how the Brady Bunch home doubled as a backdrop for many Mannix scenes. Robert Reed filmed both shows concurrently and both series had the same producer. Mission Impossible also shot a scene in the house.

Pretty wild to see people other than the Bradys in that iconic house, especially Mannix waking up in the Brady girl bedroom. 

Here’s the link: https://www.metv.com/stories/mannix-spent-a-whole-lot-of-time-in-the-brady-bunch-house

Weren't the Brady girls underage? Seems like a bit ahead of its time to have a show with a man waking up in the bedroom if young girls. Didn't they just start letting married couples share beds at that time?

• Haha (+1) 1

On 8/13/2020 at 7:02 AM, Wacka said:

Of course those are the same sets at the studio.

Star Trek used the Mayberry street  for "City on the Edge of Forever", the  episode with Joan Collins.

Yep, and somebody forgot to mask the barbershop signs as Kirk and Keeler walk past Floyd's.  Sidenote.  The commissaries were a television fan's dream come true.  A person got to see their favorite TV characters from various shows in one area.  Sergeant Carter and Scotty standing in line to get their lunches for example.  

On 8/13/2020 at 8:48 AM, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

if anyone cares ..... (gas) 

I used to live about a couple of miles from where they filmed "Dallas"

Southfork Ranch

I care and that’s cool! Still one of my favorite if not most favorite opening theme songs in TV show history. 

• Like (+1) 1