Kentucky Derby: Triple Crown Showdown

With the Kentucky Derby being postponed until August, this weekend we will have virtual Kentucky Derby.

The virtual race will be between all 13 Triple Crown winners. A real Clash of the Champions.

Alright all you expert handicappers, who've you got?

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/239878/secretariat-slight-favorite-in-virtual-kentucky-derby

Is Secretariat too strong for these other champions?

Will Seattle Slew remain undefeated?

Can the legendary Eddie Arcaro lead Citation & Whirlaway to a dead heat victory?

Is Bob Baffert's duo of American Pharoah & Justify the perfect couple to lead all of the others?

Can Sir Barton, the first ever Triple Crown winner, show these young'ns how it's done?

I didn't even realize until yesterday it was derby weekend because my schedule is so screwed up,  but this really bums me out. My mom and I have been getting together for the last 18 years at the OTB for lunch and to throw some bets down. Looks like the streak is done. ***** Corona virus.

• Sad 2

Don't know a lot about horse racing, but Secretariat's win at Belmont is one of the enduring memories from my childhood. Everyone thought the horse had lost the race by going out too fast and then the lead kept increasing. Check out YouTube if you haven't seen it.

2 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I didn't even realize until yesterday it was derby weekend because my schedule is so screwed up,  but this really bums me out. My mom and I have been getting together for the last 18 years at the OTB for lunch and to throw some bets down. Looks like the streak is done. ***** Corona virus.

A Festivus for the Rest of Us - The Strike - Seinfeld Episode

• Haha (+1) 3

On 5/3/2020 at 8:12 AM, Seasons1992 said:

I got up from the couch when I saw my pick, Citation, charging ahead. But of course the computer had the big fella winning.

Yeah.

They have to do this for the Preakness & Belmont right? After all they are different tracks.