OT: Wish me luck, TBD!

Are you suggesting he go in with a bong instead???

308460[/snapback]

A skull bong, preferably. And not that real skull that kid turned into a bong, but one made out of ceramic that looks like an Iron Maiden album cover. The one-hit wonder. Nothing impresses a CEO faster... :w00t:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to nail this job, follow these tips along with LA's bong advice:

1. OK, I see you live in Atlanta, so might I suggest you wear an Atlanta Falcons' No. 7 jersey with the the name "Mexico" on the back. If you can't find one, maybe a nice Braves' John Rocker jersey will work.

2. Ask for your own office, preferably his!

3. Tell him you are willing to work late and on weekends only if he's willing to as well.

4. Sounds like you are already asking for more money than they are offering, so you might as well go all out and ask for a company car, an expense account and season tickets to the Bills.

5. A membership to Augusta.

6. Your own secretary.

couple of things that may not have been mentioned, i didnt read everyone's posts. I have to interview at law firms all the time and these are just some small things that emplyers notice, presentation-wise.

1- shoes matter- theyre one of the smaller details that people look at, in fact I had one guy tell me you can tell a lot about a person just based on them, if you dont have a pricey pair, just make sure theyre well shined and no scuff marks

2-small things like clean nails and fresh breath do make a difference, take some mints with you

3-brevity is appreciated, emplyers dont like people who ramble on

Hope this helps

Show some passion for the business sector in which the company operates, but do it genuinely.

Go beyond saying "I have always been fascinated by this line of work" but show him you know where the market is going and you can help the company get there.

If there are market share figures on a site like Gartner or other industry analysts have those in your hip pocket.

Also talk about the next generation of product or service for the company and how you can help them get there. Get his/her vision on this first and then show how you can feed into this. Equal parts listening and talking on this one. This is the visionary person for the company -- so you want to figure out where they are taking the business.. (assuming they have a plan)..

Have at least one or two anecdotes regarding how you have went above and beyond for the customer.

One of the things that CEO's don't want is a person with these type of attributes working for a competitor...you'll get that little extra $ you are seeking.

Good luck----

couple of things that may not have been mentioned, i didnt read everyone's posts. I have to interview at law firms all the time and these are just some small things that emplyers notice, presentation-wise.

1- shoes matter- theyre one of the smaller details that people look at, in fact I had one guy tell me you can tell a lot about a person just based on them, if you dont have a pricey pair, just make sure theyre well shined and no scuff marks

2-small things like clean nails and fresh breath do make a difference, take some mints with you

3-brevity is appreciated, emplyers dont like people who ramble on

Hope this helps

308487[/snapback]

Most important - just relax and be yourself. Unless of course, you're a total a-hole, in which case it's alright to be someone else through the course of the interview process. This must happen a lot in job interviews as I have worked with some major a-holes throughout the years.

Don't ramble or try to impress with big words and excess verbiage. Get to the point and by all means, be sincere. The interviewers aren't idiots and should be able to spot a phony a mile away.

And if a barking spider sneaks out during a pause in the interview, have your shiney new expensive shoes positioned in a way that you can duplicate the fart sound with the toe against the floor surface.

And don't forget to memorize all the bullsht parts of from your résumé.

Don't let on that you're in any way associated with the twobillsdrive message board. They'll know that a good portion of your work day will be pissed away as you attempt to come up with clever comments and replies to off topic posts.

Good luck.

BTW - what part of Atlanta will you be located in when you land the new gig?

Most important - just relax and be yourself.  Unless of course, you're a total a-hole, in which case it's alright to be someone else through the course of the interview process. This must happen a lot in job interviews as I have worked with some major a-holes throughout the years.

Don't ramble or try to impress with big words and excess verbiage. Get to the point and by all means, be sincere. The interviewers aren't idiots and should be able to spot a phony a mile away.

And if a barking spider sneaks out during a pause in the interview, have your shiney new expensive shoes positioned in a way that you can duplicate the fart sound with the toe against the floor surface.

And don't forget to memorize all the bullsht parts of from your résumé.

Don't let on that you're in any way associated with the twobillsdrive message board. They'll know that a good portion of your work day will be pissed away as you attempt to come up with clever comments and replies to off topic posts.

Good luck.

BTW - what part of Atlanta will you be located in when you land the new gig?

308498[/snapback]

I'm downtown now. When I get this one (see, confident, that's a good thing, right? ;-), I'll be in Alpharetta. Much closer to the house, much more laid back... no city.

308498[/snapback]

Not that there's anything wrong with that

Be confident...and the #1 thing to do...make eye contact...don't be shifty....If you contantly look away or look at the floor....They will think you are hiding something....Relax and be yourself...sell yourself....and make sure you have researched the company....they like that too.

Be confident...and the #1 thing to do...make eye contact...don't be shifty....If you contantly look away or look at the floor....They will think you are hiding something....Relax and be yourself...sell yourself....and make sure you have researched the company....they like that too.

308626[/snapback]

I would say confidence is key... but not JP confidence... more like Willis McGahee confidence. You wouldn't have been asked to meet with the CEO if you didn't have some game, so know that you got some good stuff working for you, but be humble about it.

Just don't do the Willis Leap onto his desk if he offers you the job on the spot. A firm handshake should suffice.

Good Luck!

I've chatted with some of you regarding my soul-sucking job.  I've been interviewing at a place for a couple weeks now, made two trips in.

I'm meeting with the CEO tomorrow. If he likes me, it's a done deal on the spot.  He wants to meet me because I guess my compensation requirements were higher than most of their folks.

Company is privately held, very profitable. Goal is either public push or stay private and continue to rake it in.  I could use some tips here... never had a CEO in the interview chain.

-Jeff

308378[/snapback]

Here's a tip, buddy. Find out all you can about the company via the internet, newspaper articles, etc. Then during the interview ask him questions about how he got started, things that are pertinent to him.... He'll be thinking "Wow!, this guy's interested in my business, he's informed and dynamic!" He'll love you for it! Then once you get the job.. sleep with his daughter. :w00t:;)