OT: Wish me luck, TBD!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You stuck the dismount. Outstanding news. Can't wait to hear the details.

BUT...Do Nothing until the piece of paper arrives. Read it twice. Three times. Don't let the thrill of getting the job get you glossy-eyed. Stay focused. Feet on the ground. Read the offer letter, and if it's the deal you wanted, then SIGN that damn paper.

And then sleep with the boss' daughter.

Editor's note to canbuffan34: Your post made me spit up my beer. Sorry. I love emphatic repetition.

Excellent news! Can you give more details how it went the the CEO?

309859[/snapback]

Yup.

I did some research prior to the meeting, got a feel for his background and prior experience. Made sure I was as prepared for this discussion as I was for the technical discussions with the development staff.

I'm sure he meant for it to happen this way, but it really seemed like I led the conversation for the most part.

I made sure I didn't pull a standard "freeze." I knew what I wanted to say. If he questioned it, I took the time to explain my thoughts and why I felt the way I did. I made it a point not to tell him what he wanted to hear, but what I wanted to say. I find myself doing that sometimes. Not on purpose... just nerves.

Made sure I tied all of the closing points back up into what I had started with to bring the conversation full circle.

Some of the points this gentleman made put my current employer to shame. I've got a great feeling about this one!

-Jeff

Bah.. I just realized I left my sunglasses on his desk. Damnit!

Keep and maintain eye contact. Don't smile too much--be serious. Do not move around in your seat alot. Careful where you put your hands. Don't be nervous and thus sweat. Be brief with your replies.

When you first approach him shake his hand a bit forcefully (implies strength, maturity) and shake it again when the interview is over.

Think positively afterward. The job is yours.