Watching this draft unfold it makes sense to me that the Bills trade for Trent Williams.

8 hours ago, Motorin' said:

The OL is the weakest link in the team. JA was pressured 33% of the time he passed, 4th worst in the league. And the line had monumental breakdowns in clutch moments late in the season and in the playoff game.

Don't think Trent Williams is the answer though. 

But those #s are inflated. Josh Allen holds onto the ball longer then any normal QB. It’s an area he needs to work on. Our OLine is better then it’s been in years. And another season together will only make that more so. Josh Allen gets pressured more because he runs a lot and he holds onto the ball when he doesn’t or he leaves the pocket before he has to. So that 33% is a reflection of Allen more so the Oline

Edited by Rebel101

I don't get a few posters here asking if Trent Williams would even be an upgrade...is that some kind of joke? Trent Williams is vastly superior to Dawkins. He was possibly the best LT in the game just a couple years ago, and he's now had some time to let his body heal.

I'm not a big fan of Dawkins, and I do not wanna pay him franchise LT money in the future. I'd swap him for Trent Williams no questions asked. 

I'd offer him a 3 year extension worth around 16/yr with good guaranteed money and the line is significantly upgraded. 

2 hours ago, Rebel101 said:

But those #s are inflated. Josh Allen holds onto the ball longer then any normal QB. It’s an area he needs to work on. Our OLine is better then it’s been in years. And another season together will only make that more so. Josh Allen gets pressured more because he runs a lot and he holds onto the ball when he doesn’t or he leaves the pocket before he has to. So that 33% is a reflection of Allen more so the Oline

He averaged 2.85 seconds time to throw, the same as Russell Wilson and .05 seconds above the NFL average. This does not explain the inordinate number of times there were free rushers screaming at him causing him to run for his life. 

Yes, the line is vastly improved from where it was. But it's still the weakest link on the team imo.  

9 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

He averaged 2.85 seconds time to throw, the same as Russell Wilson and .05 seconds above the NFL average. This does not explain the inordinate number of times there were free rushers screaming at him causing him to run for his life. 

Yes, the line is vastly improved from where it was. But it's still the weakest link on the team imo.  

I agree that the Oline is the weakest link on the team and with this being a crucial season for Josh Allen and with the upgrades we added to the offense, it could be a massive failure if the line isn't much improved. 

I have hopes that they are better with continuity, the addition of Diggs, and the growth of Ford/more competition brought in, but I'm still definitely concerned we didn't do enough. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

I agree that the Oline is the weakest link on the team and with this being a crucial season for Josh Allen and with the upgrades we added to the offense, it could be a massive failure if the line isn't much improved. 

I have hopes that they are better with continuity, the addition of Diggs, and the growth of Ford/more competition brought in, but I'm still definitely concerned we didn't do enough. 

I do think they will improve this year with continuity. Ford will hopefully take a big step forward, and l think Beane is putting a lot of stock in Daryl Williams returning to form at RT and being an upgrade over Nseke. We shall see. But short of a catastrophic regression in Allen's play, everything isn't riding on next year. It may end up at the end of next season with the team realizing that they have to focus on improving the Oline as priority #1. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Tipster one of these years you’re going to get one of these right.

I’ve had my share of being accurate, check my archives. Really I bring up topics that I think should be discussed and/or explored. This topic is no longer valid, Williams just got traded to San Fran so the point is moot. I do feel that our OL still needs improvement and that was my point. 

• Like (+1) 1

We can close this thread now. TW is a 49er now