What would be the one position that you absolutely don't want us to draft with our first pick tomorrow?

On 4/24/2020 at 6:30 AM, CommonCents said:

Come on. Close your eyes and listen for Gus Johnson’s voice. J.K. Dobbins Touchdown!!!!

Yes, that would have been nice.  Epensea was  considered at top 3 defensive end in January and somehow was still around at our 54.  I wonder if the reason was just the pundits chasing each other's stories and convincing each other, without any new information really being there.   I'm happy that G-d and luck got us Moss, who I considered the 6th RB and impossible to think that he would be there at 86.   We got lucky on both those picks.    We may get to see Dobbins when we play the Ravens in the playoffs and then see Edward-Helaire when we play the Chiefs for the AFL title. 

2 hours ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Yes, that would have been nice.  Epensea was  considered at top 3 defensive end in January and somehow was still around at our 54.  I wonder if the reason was just the pundits chasing each other's stories and convincing each other, without any new information really being there.   I'm happy that G-d and luck got us Moss, who I considered the 6th RB and impossible to think that he would be there at 86.   We got lucky on both those picks.    We may get to see Dobbins when we play the Ravens in the playoffs and then see Edward-Helaire when we play the Chiefs for the AFL title. 

I watched Espenza when his hype was swirling around the board this fall. I wanted to see if he was legit. It didn’t take one half of football to see that he wasn’t explosive. He fell because his traits aren’t valued like they were 20 years ago. Today’s game is the pinball version of football and instead of going for a bonus they played it safe. 

I am disappointed but as a fan we just keep hoping it works out. Moss has the same stride as Brandon Jacobs but he is 40 pounds lighter and ran a slower 40. We will see soon enough. 

I am glad that they drafted a DE/RB combo I’m just skeptical of the names. 

Defensive line.  There is plenty of depth and competition right now, and Buffalo is unlikely to find anybody on the D-line who has the potential to crack the lineup, to say nothing of making a difference.