DTV email for free 2020 Sunday Ticket?

Simon

My guess is that if there's a season with no fans in the stands, the NFL is going to expand the availability of Sunday Ticket to just about everyone with a computer or cable.  The Direct TV customers will be given it free as an incentive not to switch providers, mainly because the NFL will be giving Direct TV a break since they will lose exclusivity.  .  

Edited by Albany,n.y.

After you're done with their initially 2 year commitment, DirecTV has been one of the best services in regards to free programming/free credits to your account.

Last year I called and said my bill jumped up to $180 a month, and that I wasn't going to pay that much. The lady said "how much are you looking to pay?" to which I threw out $75, even though I knew that was too cheap considering my package. She just said ok, then put a year's worth of credits to get it down to $75....

Then last month my credits rolled off, price spiked back up to $180. They said those promotions are no longer good, I told them that's fine, I'll just cut some stuff to drop the price, then they got me over to Retention department & suddenly my bill was $75 again. 

I didn't threaten to leave or act like a d*ck either. They just threw out free credits for nothing.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BigDingus said:

After you're done with their initially 2 year commitment, DirecTV has been one of the best services in regards to free programming/free credits to your account.

Last year I called and said my bill jumped up to $180 a month, and that I wasn't going to pay that much. The lady said "how much are you looking to pay?" to which I threw out $75, even though I knew that was too cheap considering my package. She just said ok, then put a year's worth of credits to get it down to $75....

Then last month my credits rolled off, price spiked back up to $180. They said those promotions are no longer good, I told them that's fine, I'll just cut some stuff to drop the price, then they got me over to Retention department & suddenly my bill was $75 again. 

I didn't threaten to leave or act like a d*ck either. They just threw out free credits for nothing.

This is, unfortunately, now the exception rather than the norm. Once ATT took over the credits are a lot more difficult to get. Have to get the right rep on the right day. To illustrate my point. I was paying $50 a month, it jumped to $115. I called and they offered absolutely nothing. I cancelled, talked to retentions. Best they could do was a $20 credit. I have since moved on from Directv. Sling TV offers red zone in a $10/ month package that also includes other sports channels.  That’s all I watch on Sundays once the Bills game is over. 

Edited by PetermansRedemption