Gender(sex)... Race/Age/income/Height/Weight/Whatever

2 hours ago, Gary Busey said:

Depending on the sport and the athlete it can be unfair to others in the competition. 

Dodgeball?  You're pretty good at it yourself with this response. 

Ok how about bicycling?   Track and field? Soccer?

I think it's better if you gave us some sports where it WOULDN'T be unfair.  

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Dodgeball?  You're pretty good at it yourself with this response. 

Ok how about bicycling?   Track and field? Soccer?

I think it's better if you gave us some sports where it WOULDN'T be unfair.  

Archery, climbing, volleyball, skiing, snowboarding, things like that. In most competitive team sports it's probably unfair - definitely track and field.

What's your point?

Edited by Gary Busey

Just now, Gary Busey said:

Archery, climbing, volleyball, skiing, snowboarding, things like that. In most competitive team sports it's probably unfair - definitely track and field.

Why does it matter? So you can have something to rage at? 

Nope.  I want to understand why it's allowed.  If it's unfair why is it allowed.  See I don't rage.  I try to understand. Something liberals should try.  It's great for the stress level.s 

But I'm confused. Are the sports you mentioned fair or unfair? 

1 minute ago, Gary Busey said:

Is it always allowed? I think in some cases it is and in some it isn't.

Good Lord man.  Engage!! 

In the cases where it is allowed why is it allowed? 

And in the sports you mentioned is it fair or unfair.  I wasn't sure. 

Just now, Chef Jim said:

In the cases where it is allowed why is it allowed? 

I think it happens so rarely that I would need to see a specific example of it. Do you have one? Let's take a look at it then we can debate whether or not the athlete should have been allowed to compete. I hear people making the point you are making often but I've never actually heard of it happening.

The sports I mentioned are the ones that I'd think would be closer to fair.

9 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

I think it happens so rarely that I would need to see a specific example of it. Do you have one? Let's take a look at it then we can debate whether or not the athlete should have been allowed to compete. I hear people making the point you are making often but I've never actually heard of it happening.

Fair??  Volleyball??  Skiing???  Snowboarding???  I take it you never get off your couch do you.  The only one that is fair on the list is Archery.  Shooting of any kind.  My wife is a better shot than I am.  

So because you've never seen it you're not willing to debate it?  I'm heading to a meeting. When I get back I'll give you lots of instances.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gary Busey said:

You've NEVER heard it happening??  Ok here are a few that I've heard about. Keep in mind these are only one's I've HEARD about.  Now, in your opinion, why is this allowed?

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2018/october/transgender-man-who-says-hes-a-woman-wins-womens-cycling-race

https://triblive.com/sports/biological-male-wins-ncaa-womens-track-championship/

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-triumph-of-a-transgender-world-cup-star

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/49298550

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2018/02/25/transgender-wrestler-mack-beggs-wins-second-texas-state-girls-championship/

Ok.  Bobby Riggs.  The ball is in your court. 

Again, I really want to know, if I can legally say that I’m a woman even though I was born with a dingus, can I legally say(and partake in all government benefits) that I am black or Native American because that’s my identity, even though I was born from very white Norwegians?

Is this when someone who doesn’t have an actual reply posts a non-witty cartoon of trump and racists? 

4 hours ago, WorstTEever81 said:

Again, I really want to know, if I can legally say that I’m a woman even though I was born with a dingus, can I legally say(and partake in all government benefits) that I am black or Native American because that’s my identity, even though I was born from very white Norwegians?

Is this when someone who doesn’t have an actual reply posts a non-witty cartoon of trump and racists? 

If you're looking for actual legal responses, you should probably ask a civil rights attorney, or at least study a few sources, such as:

https://www.mass.gov/info-details/massachusetts-law-about-gender-identity-or-expression

https://www.aclu.org/know-your-rights/lgbtq-rights/

https://blogs.loc.gov/law/2015/06/law-of-gender-identity-and-sexual-orientation-a-beginners-guide/

Those are just the first three links that came up.

Earlier in the thread, B-Man suggested you look here at the lengthy, ongoing conversation: Check out the The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic thread

18 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Looked at a couple of those - definitely unfair. In my opinion it's allowed because it's such a small minority of instances that it's not worth the PC backlash to change the ICU rules. Do I think it should be allowed? No.

4 hours ago, WorstTEever81 said:

You can do whatever the hell you want. But keep in mind people will rightfully think you're a fvcking moron and a racist (See Rachel Dolezal/Liz Warren) .

What government benefits would you get if you were black or Native American that you would not get now?

1 hour ago, Gary Busey said:

Looked at a couple of those - definitely unfair. In my opinion it's allowed because it's such a small minority of instances that it's not worth the PC backlash to change the ICU rules. Do I think it should be allowed? No 

So it’s allowed because they’re lazy?  So the backlash from the “non-PC” crowd is not worth it?  So they is so afraid of upsetting the transgender community and PC crowd that supports them that they will deny those that have worked so hard to get where they are their rewards?  

Can you agree that this is the perfect example of why political correctness is often the wrong way to look at things!  

3 hours ago, Gary Busey said:

Looked at a couple of those - definitely unfair. In my opinion it's allowed because it's such a small minority of instances that it's not worth the PC backlash to change the ICU rules. Do I think it should be allowed? No.

You can do whatever the hell you want. But keep in mind people will rightfully think you're a fvcking moron and a racist (See Rachel Dolezal/Liz Warren) .

What government benefits would you get if you were black or Native American that you would not get now?

Affirmative action and lower/no taxes.