The Big Gamble: Hydroxychloroquine

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

We’re not trying to keep people from getting infected. We’re trying to keep people from dying. It seems like you vaccinate the elderly first, and then start expanding out from there. No? 

Yes and no.  I agree that the elderly should be high priority, and they are getting vaccinated now, at least in my state.  But essential workers should be prioritized as well.  I got mine already because I work in health care; I consider myself fortunate in that regard.  I would argue that teachers should also be high priority because I think we have to get schools open as quickly as possible and this would be a good step in that regard.  Also racial minorities are at relatively high risk for Covid and they should be prioritized.  

The issue to me is not as much prioritization as vaccine availability.  Big pharmaceutical companies should be stepping up to take the Pfizer and Moderna technology and start producing more dosages.  The Johnson and Johnson vaccine should get emergency use authorization right now.  And we need to continue working on ways to ensure widespread distribution to places that are accessible to the public to get their shots.  I know these are all being worked on, but Biden needs to push his people hard to get things done.

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

They want funding for schools to make sure they have the required supplies and such to keep everyone safe.  They are accelerating vaccine usage;

This doesn't answer the questions everyone should be asking.  

They want us all to take this experimental vaccine they aren't sure what it does.   

Why?  

What are the return to full normal metrics?  Why don't we have those or an exit strategy from this hell?

8 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

This doesn't answer the questions everyone should be asking.  

They want us all to take this experimental vaccine they aren't sure what it does.   

Why?  

What are the return to full normal metrics?  Why don't we have those or an exit strategy from this hell?

Because in the clinical trials the vaccines were very effective against the virus.  It is not experimental; they have been working on mRNA vaccines for years.  

We'll be back to normal when the virus is defeated.  And that will I presume be based on infection rates, hospital admissions.  What epidemiologists normally use.

Quit your histrionics.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Because in the clinical trials the vaccines were very effective against the virus.  It is not experimental; they have been working on mRNA vaccines for years.  

They're experimental.  

We'll be back to normal when the virus is defeated. 

That's a problem and also unacceptable since thats impossible or unknown.  

And that will I presume be based on

You know what they say about assuming right?

infection rates, hospital admissions.  What epidemiologists normally use.

Then why can't they say what those are?

5 minutes ago, 716er said:

This is quite the back and forth... not sure it's worth getting involved but there are multiple vaccines and they are not experimental.

This is my point.

If they are not experimental, thus work, why don't you hear anyone in power say "if you all get the vaccine this is over and we can go back to normal."

That this is the exit strategy..

Not a "somewhat sense of normalcy" as Fauci carefully and deliberately says.

Full freaking normal.  

Edited by Big Blitz

18 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

If they are not experimental, thus work, why don't you hear anyone in power say "if you all get the vaccine this is over and we can go back to normal."

I think we hear a lot of people say that.

If your complaint is leaders are not calling it "full freaking normal" I don't know what to say.

21 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

This is my point.

That this is the exit strategy..

Not a "somewhat sense of normalcy" as Fauci carefully and deliberately says.

Full freaking normal.  

You don't understand vaccines and their purpose.  The purpose of vaccines is to induce immune responses against foreign pathogens.  Depending on the pathogen and its ability to mutate among other things, vaccines can be more or less effective.  You can have one extreme such as smallpox, which has been effectively eradicated because of the vaccine.  Or you can have a virus like HIV that has proven elusive to development of a vaccine.  The influenza vaccine varies in effectiveness year to year based on the articular strain that year.  The Pfizer and Moderna showing 95% effectiveness in preventing significant disease is really, really  good.  The J and J showing around 60% prevention of severe disease and essentially 100% protection against mortality is really good.  

You want a black and white answer for gray questions.  it does not work like that.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I've heard absolutely ZERO say this.  

Get out of this thread for a bit. 

5 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

You want a black and white answer for gray questions.  it does not work like that.

I think that's the crux.

3 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

You don't understand vaccines and their purpose.  The purpose of vaccines is to induce immune responses against foreign pathogens.  Depending on the pathogen and its ability to mutate among other things, vaccines can be more or less effective.  You can have one extreme such as smallpox, which has been effectively eradicated because of the vaccine.  Or you can have a virus like HIV that has proven elusive to development of a vaccine.  The influenza vaccine varies in effectiveness year to year based on the articular strain that year.  The Pfizer and Moderna showing 95% effectiveness in preventing significant disease is really, really  good.  The J and J showing around 60% prevention of severe disease and essentially 100% protection against mortality is really good.  

What do you mean by "it?"

I know exactly what vaccines do.

We didn't sign up, approve, or give authority to any head of state in this country to indefinitely mitigate WITHOUT METRICS OR EXIT STRATEGY.

You seem to think those metrics are "until we know what the vaccine does."  Do these goal posts just move to "fully micromanaged society forever bc virus keeps mutating?"  

Sorry but we don't run things here or anywhere in the free world let alone a place like the U.S. where the Federal Government has zero Authority on pandemics, to keep us indefinitely tied to mitigation without judtications let alone what the hell the goal is.  

Maybe you're willing to mitigate for 5-10 years under your metrics, I'd at least like to hear it from the people we have WILLINGLY cooperated with by closing schools and shutting down normal life that this is not the case or if it is..

Edited by Big Blitz

• 1 year later...

On 5/26/2020 at 9:24 AM, Tiberius said:

On 5/26/2020 at 10:21 PM, Gene Frenkle said:

Wow, you fellas sure are clinging to this one. All. In.

On 5/31/2020 at 11:24 PM, SectionC3 said:

Dr. Harvey Risch: Biggest Lie of last 29 Months of COVID Pandemic Was Hydroxychloroquine
– Hundreds of Thousands Died as a Result (VIDEO)

by Jim Hoft

Steve Deace recently interviewed Dr. Harvey Risch, Professor Emeritus of Epidemiology at the Yale School of Public Health. Dr. Risch’s work has been cited nearly 50,000 times in journals and studies. He is also an MD. Steve Deace asked Dr. Risch what was the biggest lie of the last 29 months of COVID pandemic. Dr. Risch says it was the lies about hydroxychloroquine in treating COVID 19.

The FDA hid the evidence that HCQ was effective in the early treatment of the disease. Hundreds of thousands of people died as a result of this lie. The CDC-FDA officials promoted the questionable experimental vaccines instead and this helped Big Pharma make billions.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/09/dr-harvey-risch-biggest-lie-last-29-months-covid-pandemic-hydroxychloroquine-hundreds-thousands-died-result-video/

All because President Trump endorsed it

• Shocked 1

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

Dr. Harvey Risch: Biggest Lie of last 29 Months of COVID Pandemic Was Hydroxychloroquine

by Jim Hoft

Steve Deace recently interviewed Dr. Harvey Risch, Professor Emeritus of Epidemiology at the Yale School of Public Health. Dr. Risch’s work has been cited nearly 50,000 times in journals and studies. He is also an MD. Steve Deace asked Dr. Risch what was the biggest lie of the last 29 months of COVID pandemic. Dr. Risch says it was the lies about hydroxychloroquine in treating COVID 19.

The FDA hid the evidence that HCQ was effective in the early treatment of the disease. Hundreds of thousands of people died as a result of this lie. The CDC-FDA officials promoted the questionable experimental vaccines instead and this helped Big Pharma make billions.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/09/dr-harvey-risch-biggest-lie-last-29-months-covid-pandemic-hydroxychloroquine-hundreds-thousands-died-result-video/

Hoax. 

9 minutes ago, B-Man said:

by Jim Hoft

I'll bet this article is all BS 

• Like (+1) 1

The true epitome of childishness.

Knee-jerk reaction to an article that shows what they have been pushing for two years, is to dismiss it out of hand.

Without even reading it.

What more do you need to know about these posters ?

13 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax. 

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I'll bet this article is all BS 

😆

14 minutes ago, B-Man said:

by Jim Hoft

Yup.  The left made up the claim that it was a dangerous drug so that people would be scared-off from even trying it, when in the 80+ years it's been around, and being used my millions of people daily, it's safety was never once questioned.  They should rot in hell.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Yup.  The left made up the claim that it was a dangerous drug so that people would be scared-off from even trying it, when in the 80+ years it's been around, and being used my millions of people daily, it's safety was never once questioned.  They should rot in hell.

Hoax.  The left never claimed it was directly dangerous.  What was said was that the drug is ineffective for this purpose, and that any danger it has lies in the sense that it provided a false sense of security.  So no, they shouldn’t rot in hell.  

On 2/10/2021 at 3:35 PM, Big Blitz said:

What do you mean by "it?"

I know exactly what vaccines do.

We didn't sign up, approve, or give authority to any head of state in this country to indefinitely mitigate WITHOUT METRICS OR EXIT STRATEGY.

You seem to think those metrics are "until we know what the vaccine does."  Do these goal posts just move to "fully micromanaged society forever bc virus keeps mutating?"  

Sorry but we don't run things here or anywhere in the free world let alone a place like the U.S. where the Federal Government has zero Authority on pandemics, to keep us indefinitely tied to mitigation without judtications let alone what the hell the goal is.  

Maybe you're willing to mitigate for 5-10 years under your metrics, I'd at least like to hear it from the people we have WILLINGLY cooperated with by closing schools and shutting down normal life that this is not the case or if it is..

Hoax. 

1 hour ago, Doc said:

And there needs to be an investigation into the delaying the release of vaccine until after the election. 

Hoax.