Poll - Who Should the Bills take with their 2nd pick (For TSW Mock Draft)

Virgil

Who Should the Bills take in the 2nd round  

220 members have voted

1. 1. With their 2nd round pick, the Buffalo Bills select:

• Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB, LSU
    • Cole Kmet, TE, Notre Dame
    • Damon Arnett, DB, Ohio St
    • Cam Akers, RB, FSU
    • Zach Moss, RB, Utah
    • Terrell Lewis, OLB, Alabama
    • Curtis Weaver, DE, Boise St
    • Cameron Dantzler, DB, Mississippi St
    • Julian Okwara, DE, Notre Dame
    • Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame

4 hours ago, Virgil said:

The only huh?

This is the closest vote we've had in the 3 years of doing this with multiple drafts each year.  I'm also trying to get these done in a reasonable time to where we can get our final one in. 

End of the day, it provides the context that there's a decent split in wanting a WR or a RB.  That's the ultimate point

Yeah, no I get it. But I also think it may be a little biased of who you wanted picked. No Dugger... a couple RBs. And a mix of picks that will distribute other choices. I get the time frame, but it doesn’t seem that fair. I think anyone who is active in these forums knew the pick came down to a WR or RB, or maybe Chinn/Dugger. Yet you listed a couple RBs and only one WR in a VERY strong WR draft... this may be a little slanted to the preference of the OP. Which is fine, because it’s all for fun and anyone’s guess can be right. But I definitely believe this was done in an attempt to fulfill personal preferences. 

1 hour ago, WorstTEever81 said:

Yeah, no I get it. But I also think it may be a little biased of who you wanted picked. No Dugger... a couple RBs. And a mix of picks that will distribute other choices. I get the time frame, but it doesn’t seem that fair. I think anyone who is active in these forums knew the pick came down to a WR or RB, or maybe Chinn/Dugger. Yet you listed a couple RBs and only one WR in a VERY strong WR draft... this may be a little slanted to the preference of the OP. Which is fine, because it’s all for fun and anyone’s guess can be right. But I definitely believe this was done in an attempt to fulfill personal preferences. 

I don't think so at all.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, WorstTEever81 said:

When in Rome 

Who did you vote for? 

Edwards-Helaire. 

It just isn't how Virgil does these things. He looks at the best available according to the 3 big boards linked in the longer mock draft post and selects the options from there. If there are 3 running backs and one receiver that is because based on an amalgamation of those three boards that we use for the mock their appear to be 3 runners and only one receiver in the 8 or 9 BPA.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, WorstTEever81 said:

You realize I’m also the person who made the post about not believing in drafting a second RB with a high pick, right?

My personal choice for the pick was actually a RT or OLB.  

I picked a RB based off what I think the Bills would do in that situation.  

8 hours ago, Virgil said:

The only huh?

This is the closest vote we've had in the 3 years of doing this with multiple drafts each year.  I'm also trying to get these done in a reasonable time to where we can get our final one in. 

End of the day, it provides the context that there's a decent split in wanting a WR or a RB.  That's the ultimate point

or BPA.

5 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

or BPA.

Smart GM's and coaches put their team in a position to win.  Putting the Bills draft situation into where the "BPA" is at a position of need (RB-1A or RB-1B) is smart. 

Also, I think the Bills are always going after the superior athlete with their draft picks, rather than a try-real-hard and got-everything-he-can-get out of his abilities guy. The former can have a high ceiling with proper coaching up.  The latter will often be swamped by the higher level of competition in the pros and is already at their peak.  This aspect does not show up in the Big Boards of the mock drafts.   (Knox was abot the 29th TE and caught all of 39 passes in his entire college career)

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Virgil said:

You realize I’m also the person who made the post about not believing in drafting a second RB with a high pick, right?

My personal choice for the pick was actually a RT or OLB.  

I picked a RB based off what I think the Bills would do in that situation.  

Yeah, my bad. I was feeling a bit salty yesterday. Didn’t mean to derail a fun thread. 

10 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Edwards-Helaire. 

It just isn't how Virgil does these things. He looks at the best available according to the 3 big boards linked in the longer mock draft post and selects the options from there. If there are 3 running backs and one receiver that is because based on an amalgamation of those three boards that we use for the mock their appear to be 3 runners and only one receiver in the 8 or 9 BPA.

Yeah, my bad... I was reading the wrong tea leaves. Carry on

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, DJB said:

The only guy to me that remotely could be like Thurman?

....And I want a pony and a bicycle and a Wilt Chamberlin jersey and a Playboy bunny for Christmas.   He is out of reach.  Maybe we can see him twice a year when we play the fish..... Sigh....      But E-H would be an upgrade and give us the second good RB.

Edited by maryland-bills-fan