Trump Is Just A Terrible President, Totally Unfit For The Job

42 minutes ago, Gary M said:

FEMA. Has 14,000 employees the director makes 120-170k a year, Witt a budget of $18bil but POTUS should have had them prepared for a virus that didn’t exist 6 months ago.

I agree--I saw this as very complicated and something that would be difficult to prepare for at the state and federal level.  However, from what I have seen, heard and read, it seems that FEMA worked with the admin to rip up the old playbook and design on the fly.  Looking back from where we are right now, plenty of blame to go around if thats what someone is looking for, but by and large they adapted and got &^%$ done.  

• Like (+1) 1

Okay so I will give the class an example

A. POTUS bans travel of foreign nationals from China

2: January 29, 2020

#:  January 20, 2020 WHO announces Kung Flu is transmitted Human to human

Trump is such a total moron this should be very simple for you guys.

@Q-baby! @SectionC3 @Warren Zevon

please explain to me in regards to the Kung Flu (aka Covid-19)

A:  what actions POTUS should have taken

2:   when he should have implemented each action, exact dates please

#:  and what the key factor that would have triggered each action.

5 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I agree--I saw this as very complicated and something that would be difficult to prepare for at the state and federal level.  However, from what I have seen, heard and read, it seems that FEMA worked with the admin to rip up the old playbook and design on the fly.  Looking back from where we are right now, plenty of blame to go around if thats what someone is looking for, but by and large they adapted and got &^%$ done.  

you know, this is reasonable. Most people are doing the best they can, and there is no playbook.  My issue with the prez essentially lies in the fact that he minimized what was to come when we could have had an all hands on deck approach much earlier.  But you’re right to say that there is no script or this and that no response would be perfect. 

Edited by SectionC3

2 minutes ago, Gary M said:

Ill make it easy.  Add February 1 to my prior response.  Done. 

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

Ill make it easy.  Add February 1 to my prior response.  Done. 

Forming a task force and banning foreign nationals from entering US from china wasn't taking the Kung Flu seriously?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Gary M said:

40,000 travellers from China were allowed into the US after the ban. 

• Like (+1) 1

We’ve been over this. There’s a litany of other measures he could have taken in a more timely manner.  The fact that he did one or two things right doesn’t mean that the overall response was up to par. 

Edited by SectionC3

Just now, SectionC3 said:

We’ve been over this. There’s a litany of other measures he could have taken in a more timely manner.  The fact that he did one or two things right doesn’t mean that the overall response was up to par. 

Indeed - everyone talking about what should have been done at that time was met with THIS IS THE NEWEST DEMOCRAT HOAX by the president and his cultists. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

US citizens. 

But details. 

partial hoax.  Most were US citizens.  But the guidelines also permitted entry to certain Chinese nationals, and did not preclude flights directly from the affected Wuhan area.  I learned this info at this fake news website: 

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/proclamation-suspension-entry-immigrants-nonimmigrants-persons-pose-risk-transmitting-2019-novel-coronavirus/

Edited by SectionC3
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Don’t know enough about the horrible situation you described, but at first glance that characterization seems ok b/c there is a reasonable basis for the specification.  The virus i see differently b/c the only reason to specify as trump (and others, to be fair) have in that context is to inflame.  It’s not like there are two COVID pandemics and there is a need to distinguish b/w the viruses in that way.  

thinking about your point further ...  I don’t know on the family situation.  “Organized crime” might have worked there.  I guess the best answer is that this is a fact specific issue, and the virus references fall on the wrong side of the line.  Where that line is admittedly is a hard thing to specify.  Kind of invokes the “I know it when I see it” principle from the US Supreme Court indecency cases.  

good points for thought and for debate on your end though, for sure. 

I don't know about that. You think that it's unreasonable to speculate that the initial transmission came from China, from Wuhan, and that the Chinese government was less than forthcoming about the who/what/when/where/why?  Meanwhile, it's 100% appropriate to rip apart/mock/lecture/second guess everything done/said/imagined here in our own country?   What about the potential impact on Trump supporters, say like a Nicholas Sandman?

As for the family nearby, "Organized crime" typically implies Italian syndicate, no?  If the triad from China killed the people, why on earth do we have to dance around it?  And why would we want some people jumping to the conclusion that the Italian syndicate s knocking off families near  Albany?  I think if I follow your line of thinking, to avoid any one getting their feelings hurt, reporters and the police should just report "some people did some bad things to some other people".  I feel like I heard this lately, and it made me uncomfortable given the subject matter. 

As for Trump, Wuhan and China-- an inflammatory comment is entirely in the eye of the beholder.   Did it incite you to go make fun of Asian-American children?  It didn't and has not struck me like that at all.  Were you out throwing stones at the little Santa Barbarba who children were rolling bones on the street corner during the Gotti trial?   I'd bet not.  I've listened to many of the press conferences and while I would acknowledge that there is always someone looking to get upset with someone, that's simply the way it is.  Look at you--you were taking shots at poor old Jared Kushner just for being some guy's  son-in -aw.   I can actually say with a fair degree of confidence that by and large, the vast majority of Americans are not out harrassing children for their heritage over DJT referring to the virus as having started in China 

We don't learn and grow by pretending something that is, is not. 

• Thank you (+1) 2