https://www.twitch.tv/bleacher_report/ GOATSIM tournament--ITS SO MUCH FUN

9 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

The Juice is Loose! 

What's the score?

8 hours ago, MJS said:

Well, I was bored so I decided to do this myself. Found a better legends roster than the one they are using. Each team had great depth of legends (with a couple head scratchers). I edited the roster to bring some of the players more in line with the overall numbers that Bleacher Report used, but only when it was a big glaring difference. I simmed each matchup five times and took the best of five:

Round 1:

image.png.436878a231ce9d72d0cfd8ddb887041f.png

Bengals over Steelers was a big surprise for me. So was Redskins over Cowboys and Eagles over Giants... oh, and Bucs over Saints. Big surprises in the NFC.

Round 2:

image.png.f8d293d9b6e2c9f08b42ee70cdd98964.png

Bills vs Patriots was super close. Browns and Broncos were looking unstoppable in the AFC. Rams killed the 49ers for some reason... Vikings looked really strong.

Round 3:

image.png.4c18090f427f825191e3f01c89a47d34.png

Bills handled the Broncos pretty well. OJ and Bruce are monsters. OJ has been averaging like 160 yards a game. Browns and Colts were back and forth, but the Browns pulled it out. Jim Brown is also a monster. Vikings killed the Bucs. Not sure how the Bucs made it this far. Kurt Warner, despite a lower overall rating than many QB's, is dominating.

Round 4:

image.png.d0980487c2def4d61245b0db5fa33780.png

As a Bills fan I was delighted to see my team do so well and get so far in this tournament. Nobody can seem to stop OJ. He averaged 180 yards against the Browns. The Rams and Vikings went back and forth, but Kurt Warner continued his dominance.

Championship:

image.png.733f9334b75083997952fbcbb711a063.png

The Rams beat the Bills four out of five times. Sad.

So there you have it. The Rams are apparently the best team of all time, according to fake Madden players and games.

But for Carolina did you have McCaffrey or Tolbert lol

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Was totally expecting Christie to shank it wide right, but it’s good!!  D has to hold for 25 secs

how about the pooch kick ala the homerun throwback disaster.

that was all the worst moments of bills history condensed into 30 seconds of a madden simulation

Just now, Bferra13 said:

That should do it lol. Cant believe I'm watching this and invested. But it was fun!

were on to the round of 16, where were playing brady and the pats.

my heart is racing, that ***** was stressful

• Haha (+1) 1

I cant believe I watched it.  Gotta say D'brickashaw Fergeson is the most over powered LT in the history of madden.  Him shutting down Bruce is madden accurate.  Real football Bruce has 4 sacks and a force fumble.

With OJ, Thurman and the wrs, they should have had a set with 3 wrs and Rb1 and Rb2 in shotgun.  The lack of shotgun was ######ed.  This is basically the 90's Bills with Oj.  

Edited by Mat68

On 4/1/2020 at 9:01 PM, Mat68 said:

I cant believe I watched it.  Gotta say D'brickashaw Fergeson is the most over powered LT in the history of madden.  Him shutting down Bruce is madden accurate.  Real football Bruce has 4 sacks and a force fumble.

With OJ, Thurman and the wrs, they should have had a set with 3 wrs and Rb1 and Rb2 in shotgun.  The lack of shotgun was ######ed.  This is basically the 90's Bills with Oj.  

I agree--my complaint with this so far is that the plays the teams are running are based on their 2019 season, and not based on the roster that is built for this tournament, or what an average fan might consider their teams "golden era" offense. This doesn't just go for the Bills, this goes for everyone. Rams were running Dickerson all night last night (which is FINE) but no play actions to air it out ala the greatest show on turf. Buf never went into no huddle, shotgun draws to thurm. Dolphins were running Ricky all night vs the Pats--lame. Let Marino sling the rock. Steelers were running Big Ben on keepers for 7 yards, lol. 

We got the greatest Bills of all time on offense running Dabols conservative plays--Lee Evans was the star of the game for wideouts smh.

With that being said, the results have borne out who you would intuit as the better team about 80% of the time in my opinion. Steelers smoked Cincy last night, the 49ers mollywhooped the Cards, etc. 

I have a bit of a soft spot for this tournament, because I learned how NFL football worked by playing TECMO Super Bowl in the 90s. It was a simultaneous process--playing the video game, watching the Bills on TV, and letting one experience inform the other. At some point I discovered that you could have the computer play itself on that game, so I would make playoff brackets and watch in my room, and practice announcing (what a loser!!) I would beg my mom to get me poster board at the store, and use a ruler to make a perfect bracket, then write the teams in with alternating colors in marker, so the chiefs would be a red C, then a yellow H, then a red I, etc. etc. I would hang it on my wall and stay up as late as I could manage on friday and saturday nights watching "the playoffs". Lol. It was my solace in seeing Buffalo win those tournaments after their super bowl losses. 

Now being locked in my house, a quarter century later, while a pandemic rages outside, and Im watching the same thing again with the rest of the country and what I always considered maybe the dorkiest thing I ever did is now gripping entertainment for thousands of people a night. LOL. You can't make this stuff up.

• Like (+1) 1