Guidelines for golf in wake of COVID-19

Steve O

Most of us are board to tears from social isolation. The golfers amongst us are looking forward to getting out for some fresh air. Golf allows competitors to practice social distancing without drastically changing the game, however there are some mainly common sense guidelines that should be practiced during the round. The GCMA, PGA, and BIGGA have published joint guidelines for golfing during these times. I hate leaving the flag in the hole, but I'm going to start. A friend of mine says his club sent out a letter to members that followed these guidelines verbatim. All but one. The most important one. It says the 2 person per cart rule is still in effect. Seriously, stay away from everyone at all times except for the 4 hours you'll be sitting a foot away from a total stranger while you're riding. :wallbash:

https://golfbusinessnews.com/news/coronavirus-news/grass-roots-golf-plays-on-offering-fresh-air-and-exercise/?fbclid=IwAR15YaaTTtZWdH2MJqio-_NmAV2VJm9AVdajgLVfRv7Hyo4beqgeMGQIHBA

Edited by Steve O
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

If you’re in an area that’s still open, count yourself lucky! All clubs closed here. 

Just as a heads up, remember that prolly no starters or rangers around...got a private course near ya you always wanted to play? Prolly a good time to play most the holes for free!

7 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Just as a heads up, remember that prolly no starters or rangers around...got a private course near ya you always wanted to play? Prolly a good time to play most the holes for free!

When the ranger approaches, put your mask on and start yelling, “stay away; I am contagious!”

6 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Played 18 at Byrncliff yesterday .... getting out and playing a round never felt so good 

It keeps you out of that white Bronco headed for the insane asylum ;)