The China Problem

LeviF

We told you this again and again And now they finally admit it.

BREAKING: Twitter Admits China Used Nearly 200,000 Fake Accounts To Influence Politics, 150x More Than Russia

The news was rushed out on Thursday afternoon after an explosive Mediaite report into fake accounts plaguing President Trump’s Twitter following.

Twitter released the information as part of a report entitled, “Disclosing networks of state-linked information operations we’ve removed.”

The report outlines how the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) had two methods of targeting Twitter users with Chinese propaganda:

1. 23,750 accounts that comprise the core of the network, e.g. the highly engaged core network;
  3. Approximately 150,000 accounts that were designed to boost this content, e.g. the amplifiers. Based on feedback from researchers on our prior disclosures that we need to better refine the disclosure process to enable efficient investigation of the core activity, we have not included the 150,000 amplifier accounts in the public archive.

Twitter described the actions of these accounts as being “involved in a range of manipulative and coordinated activities” and “spreading geopolitical narratives favorable to the Communist Party of China (CCP), while continuing to push deceptive narratives about the political dynamics in Hong Kong.”

Xi Jinping’s 2016 decree – “wherever the readers are, wherever the viewers are, that is where propaganda reports must extend their tentacles” – has certainly materialized.

The report also damages the left’s debunked 2016 Russia narrative which alleged bots on social media were peddling disinformation intending to sway the election in favor of Donald Trump. And it’s also a testament to how U.S. leaders – Republicans and Democrats alike – have allowed their focus on Russia to obscure the threat of China’s rise.

The report noted that Russia’s activities were limited to “1,152 accounts and associated media” involved in “promoting the United Russia party and attacking political dissidents.”

In other words, the CCP has 150 times the number of accounts as Russia allegedly deployed to peddle pro-Trump content.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, B-Man said:

We told you this again and again And now they finally admit it.

BREAKING: Twitter Admits China Used Nearly 200,000 Fake Accounts To Influence Politics, 150x More Than Russia

The news was rushed out on Thursday afternoon after an explosive Mediaite report into fake accounts plaguing President Trump’s Twitter following.

Twitter released the information as part of a report entitled, “Disclosing networks of state-linked information operations we’ve removed.”

The report outlines how the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) had two methods of targeting Twitter users with Chinese propaganda:

1. 23,750 accounts that comprise the core of the network, e.g. the highly engaged core network;
  3. Approximately 150,000 accounts that were designed to boost this content, e.g. the amplifiers. Based on feedback from researchers on our prior disclosures that we need to better refine the disclosure process to enable efficient investigation of the core activity, we have not included the 150,000 amplifier accounts in the public archive.

Twitter described the actions of these accounts as being “involved in a range of manipulative and coordinated activities” and “spreading geopolitical narratives favorable to the Communist Party of China (CCP), while continuing to push deceptive narratives about the political dynamics in Hong Kong.”

Xi Jinping’s 2016 decree – “wherever the readers are, wherever the viewers are, that is where propaganda reports must extend their tentacles” – has certainly materialized.

The report also damages the left’s debunked 2016 Russia narrative which alleged bots on social media were peddling disinformation intending to sway the election in favor of Donald Trump. And it’s also a testament to how U.S. leaders – Republicans and Democrats alike – have allowed their focus on Russia to obscure the threat of China’s rise.

The report noted that Russia’s activities were limited to “1,152 accounts and associated media” involved in “promoting the United Russia party and attacking political dissidents.”

In other words, the CCP has 150 times the number of accounts as Russia allegedly deployed to peddle pro-Trump content.

China showing what a piker Russia is.

16 minutes ago, B-Man said:

The report -- posted on the People's Liberation Army's official English website -- also highlighted the armaments available to China's military, adding that Beijing could hold drills in response to show off its firepower.

"China possesses aircraft carrier killer weapons like the DF-21D and DF-26 anti-ship ballistic missiles," the story said

I always love when they try to bluster, while forgetting that these missiles are untested, would have to be fired in sufficient numbers to overwhelm the carrier group's defenses (assuming the Chinese could get an accurate position), and would have to do enough damage to knock out or sink a carrier. That's not even getting into whether or not the Chinese Navy, their island fortresses, and their mainland coastal defenses would still be a thing the following day.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I always love when they try to bluster, while forgetting that these missiles are untested, would have to be fired in sufficient numbers to overwhelm the carrier group's defenses (assuming the Chinese could get an accurate position), and would have to do enough damage to knock out or sink a carrier. That's not even getting into whether or not the Chinese Navy, their island fortresses, and their mainland coastal defenses would still be a thing the following day.

U.S.  Ballistic Subs alone could make China disappear.

2 hours ago, Cinga said:

Is that where Flipping Fauci has disappeared to?

I was laughed at a few months ago when I was bringing up Fauci's connections to the Communist Chinese by his assisting them in "gain of function" research on deadly pathogens. These scumbags are going down to...Chinatown?

31 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

This does bother me a little though just because of shear numbers. Without our regulations and safety guidelines, China can mass produce ships at a much higher rate for much less money. Let's face it. They wouldn't think twice to sacrifice 20 ships and their crews to get to one of our carriers.

Yes, we're a hell of a lot better, but are we that much better not to be overwhelmed by numbers eventually?

5 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

I was laughed at a few months ago when I was bringing up Fauci's connections to the Communist Chinese by his assisting them in "gain of function" research on deadly pathogens. These scumbags are going down to...Chinatown?

Didn't I see he had connections to that  infamous Wuhan lab too?

2 minutes ago, Cinga said:

This does bother me a little though just because of shear numbers. Without our regulations and safety guidelines, China can mass produce ships at a much higher rate for much less money. Let's face it. They wouldn't think twice to sacrifice 20 ships and their crews to get to one of our carriers.

Yes, we're a hell of a lot better, but are we that much better not to be overwhelmed by numbers eventually?

Didn't I see he had connections to that  infamous Wuhan lab too?

Absolutely. Millions of dollars and bioweapons research.

• Like (+1) 1