Conklin to Browns 3ys $42m

3 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

That’s actually a good point.  Mike McGlinchey in SF and probably Schwartz with the Falcons.  I’m blanking on a fifth though. 

I think you mean Schwartz of the Chiefs? Still I'd take Conklin above both. I wouldn't be 100% sure the Browns won't try him at left tackle. For me he is Riley Rieff. A dominant right tackle who could be a passable left tackle too.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Your math is a bit off. Kroft makes 4 million, Smith 2.5ish that's well short of Hooper's contract. Ty and Long falls way short of Conklin too. I also wouldn't go out calling McBeane cheap and a moron just yet. Plenty of good quality players and "Big Names" left out on the market. 

Kroft is at $5.4125M and Smith is at $3.25 = $8.6625M

Hooper is avg of $10.5M

For less than $2M I take Hooper 100 out of 100 times

Ty is at $5.2 and Long at $4.125 = $9.325M

Conklin is avg of $14.0M

For less than $5M do you take Conklin? Not as obvious as Hooper but still I say for sure. 

Hopkins would be a no brainer in my eyes.

For less than $20M in cap space we could have added Hopkins, Conklin, Hooper. How can you not say those moves alone do not drastically improve this offense. These moves could have been made. This is not make believe land like some ideas. 

Edited by ngbills

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I think you mean Schwartz of the Chiefs? Still I'd take Conklin above both. I wouldn't be 100% sure the Browns won't try him at left tackle. For me he is Riley Rieff. A dominant right tackle who could be a passable left tackle too.

Crap.  Yes, Mitchell Schwartz on the Chiefs.  I’m a big McGlinchey fan though.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think Conklin is pretty close to the best RT.... what they paying him as... third best? Ramzcyk at the Saints, Collins with the Cowboys... after that I am struggling to come up with others I'd take over Conklin. 

Mitchell Schwartz

2 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Kroft is at $5.4125M and Smith is at $3.25 = $8.6625M

Hooper is avg of $10.5M

For less than $2M I take Hooper 100 out of 100 times

Ty is at $5.2 and Long at $4.125 = $9.325M

Conklin is avg of $14.0M

For less than $5M do you take Conklin? Not as obvious as Hooper but still I say for sure. 

Hopkins would be a no brainer in my eyes.

For less than $20M in cap space we could have added Hopkins, Conklin, Hooper. How can you not say those moves alone do not drastically improve this offense. These moves could have been made. This is not make believe land like some ideas. 

Hopkins would have been a no brainer I fully agree (Personally hoping for a Diggs trade.) Even for a second round pick plus the 12.5 million Hopkins would have been worth it. Conklin I can have either way, he is coming off of a great year and had a fantastic rookie year. However he wasn't as effective and struggled with injuries year two and three. I also like the Ford/Ty combo. As much ***** as Ford got last year he finished the year much better after Ty got hurt. 

Hooper to me isn't worth the money. I think he is great in Atlanta where Julio and Ridley make things open for him. I don't think Hooper would work here as I don't think he is as dynamic a weapon in circumstances where he isn't the third target out there. However I think you are also playing backwards from the pre-determined outcome. 

You don't know if Conklin would have cost 14-15 to come to Buffalo and if Hooper would have cost more too. It's easy to look back with hindsight and say they should have done X or Y.  I trust McBeane fully as a lot of people doubted their moves last off-season and most of those were good. 

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

Hopkins would have been a no brainer I fully agree (Personally hoping for a Diggs trade.) Even for a second round pick plus the 12.5 million Hopkins would have been worth it. Conklin I can have either way, he is coming off of a great year and had a fantastic rookie year. However he wasn't as effective and struggled with injuries year two and three. I also like the Ford/Ty combo. As much ***** as Ford got last year he finished the year much better after Ty got hurt. 

Hooper to me isn't worth the money. I think he is great in Atlanta where Julio and Ridley make things open for him. I don't think Hooper would work here as I don't think he is as dynamic a weapon in circumstances where he isn't the third target out there. However I think you are also playing backwards from the pre-determined outcome. 

You don't know if Conklin would have cost 14-15 to come to Buffalo and if Hooper would have cost more too. It's easy to look back with hindsight and say they should have done X or Y.  I trust McBeane fully as a lot of people doubted their moves last off-season and most of those were good. 

Agree - will get over Hooper and Conklin. Hopkins will sting awhile...

3 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Agree - will get over Hooper and Conklin. Hopkins will sting awhile...

Hopkins will only sting if the Bills don't do something substantial at WR. I thought Hopkins was a bit older than he was (like 29 or 30) not 28 in June. He has at least a handful of prime years left at a very reasonable rate. I honestly wouldn't have minded trading pick 22 for Hopkins. But if the Bills trade for Diggs or make another good move. I think we will get over it. 

Edited by billsfan89

1 hour ago, ALLEN1QB said:

I'm starting to get nervous are we going to sign anybody we have all this money what are we doing?

You really haven't been paying much attention to the way Beane works, have you?