Internally there’s some love for Tee Higgins

27 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Less than 1 percent of the members here are Clemson fans.     

Someone send this man some scented puffs.     He’s on one.   

#BeanslovesTee 

I’m confused is the reddit spacing a sad attempt at trying to emphasize your point or did you just fall on your space bar?

didn’t even spell Beane right. Good job great effort.

6 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

19.8 yards average. 13tds. Let's talk numbers

those numbers are great! When did I ever say his college numbers mean nothing? Never. The thread was talking about the workout numbers, that’s all. 

now, shall I point you to zay jones’s college numbers? Right this way...

Edited by JoPoy88

10 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

sort of like that guy from clemson we drafted that wasn’t “re-hurt” but “still hurt” that had to have his shoulder cleaned out finally and missed a lot of his rookie year.

Yes, same thing except this is a different surgery that took place in February with a 3-12 week recovery, where as Shaq’s took place late May with a 4-6 month recovery 

Edited by YoloinOhio

28 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Interesting - I have to say, I haven’t noticed that at all. There may be “fans” of certain Clemson players, when it comes to draft prospects, which is completely different and makes complete sense given the talent they both recruit and develop at a high level. 

I'm a Clemson fan, I live in North Carolina, but lived in SC for a bit and grew to really like the program. Hated the Spiller pick, was over the moon about Sammy, was really meh about Shaq.... being a fan of a program doeant mean ish for most when it comes to their specs.

I mean I have stanned for Higgins, but only because some of the narratives around him are unfounded.

Lamb

Ruggs 

Jeudy

Jefferson 

Reagor

Mims

Aiyuk 

Shenault

HIGGINS

Peoples-Jones...are my WR rankings. So, clemson fan or not, I still dont have Higgins rated that highly in my top ten. That being said the talent is so crazy in this class. I feel like from Jefferson on (the big three obviously are 1st rounders), to Higgins you can make the case for that tier to all go in the first.

Edited by BillsFan17
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes, same thing except this is a different surgery that took place in February with a 3-12 week recovery, where as Shaq’s took place late May with a 4-6 month recovery 

Not a 1:1 comparison for sure. Hey yolo like i said i’d rather have him than tee. But beane can probably sit his a** right where he is in the first round and get a receiver better than both those guys! That’s the crazy thing about this draft.

5 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

I'm a Clemson fan, I live in North Carolina, but lived in SC for a bit and grew to really like the program. Hated the Spiller pick, was over the moon about Sammy, was really meh about Shaq.... being a fan of a program doeant mean ish for most when it comes to their specs.

I mean I have stanned for Higgins, but only because some of the narratives around him are unfounded.

Lamb

Ruggs 

Jeudy

Jefferson 

Reagor

Mims

Aiyuk 

Shenault

HIGGINS

Peoples-Jones...are my WR rankings. So, clemson fan or not, I still dont have Higgins rated that highly in my top ten. That being said the talent is so crazy in this class. I feel like from Jefferson on (the big three obviously are 1st rounders), to Higgins you can make the case for that tier to all go in the first.

DPJ is my draft sleeper. He is going to be the next Stefon Diggs.

✍️

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

who condescended whom first? Your response, whinging about how these numbers don’t matter and we should all just “stop it” because YOU definitely know that Higgins has IT seems pretty condescending. Take your own advice chief and relax.

and to say he helped himself? Lol come on man. Now I know you’re just a fanboy who’s caught the feels today because that workout was bad. Carry on.

Yeah “chief” he did nothing to cause anyone to be concerned...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.greenvilleonline.com/amp/5008444002

I couldn’t care less who we draft because I trust Beane. He will see the right pick. But like I said, Higgins never was a burner, but he’s a gamer on the field and does his job. Look no further than our own guy Devin Singletary. He “disappointed” with a 4.66 at the combine, but his vision and instincts can’t be denied. Bottom line...don’t get too caught up in workout numbers and ignore the actual on field ability. 

Edited by whorlnut

4 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

Lamb

Ruggs 

Jeudy

Jefferson 

Reagor

Mims

Aiyuk 

Shenault

HIGGINS

Peo ples-Jones...are my WR rankings. So, clemson fan or not, I still dont have Higgins rated that highly in my top ten. That being said the talent is so crazy in this class. I feel like from Jefferson on (the big three obviously are 1st rounders), to Higgins you can make the case for that tier to all go in the first.

that’s almost exactly how i have the WRs and thank you for putting that out there clemson bro. Give me reagor or jefferson in the 1st or aiyuk or mims in the 2nd and i am happy with whatever else they do in the draft.

2 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

damn i thought rex and his clemson crew were long gone. This is hilarious. Anyways you keep that hype train going bro. 

Any other year. I say draft tee higgins at 21 and run to the bank. This year? Nah Tee is a early to mid 2nd rounder at best.

edit: and i am willing to bet on that prediction. Swear to god there’s more clemson fans than bills fans here. Annoying.

I am not predicting where he will go in the draft because I think after the top 3 teams will be all over the map as to where they rank these guys. But I maintain he has a better chance to be a bona fide #1 NFL receiver than anyone outside those top 3.

And I am no Clemson fan I don't follow any college football team. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

that’s almost exactly how i have the WRs and thank you for putting that out there clemson bro. Give me reagor or jefferson in the 1st or aiyuk or mims in the 2nd and i am happy with whatever else they do in the draft.

If we draft Jefferson in the first that would be a very meh pick to me. Don't draft slot receivers in the first round unless you have very few holes and a proven #1 receiver. 

2 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Crisp!  Look at how effortless and smooth that is.  He has the production to back it up and showed up in some big time games.

Sign me up!

One thing I keep coming back to about Higgins is that he understands how to play the position of WR. That sounds simple but sometimes you have great athletes out there playing WR who don’t really have the nuance/technique/skill to  succeed at the next level. Higgins does. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If we draft Jefferson in the first that would be a very meh pick to me. Don't draft slot receivers in the first round unless you have very few holes and a proven #1 receiver. 

I felt the same way about him a few weeks ago when people were first talking him up but I’ve come around. May change my mind again in a couple more weeks who knows. Still want no part of higgins though.

Just now, JoPoy88 said:

I felt the same way about him a few weeks ago when people were first talking him up but I’ve come around. May change my mind again in a couple more weeks who knows. Still want no part of higgins though.

Not at all? Or not at 22?

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

One thing I keep coming back to about Higgins is that he understands how to play the position of WR. That sounds simple but sometimes you have great athletes out there playing WR who don’t really have the nuance and skill to do succeed at the next level. Higgins does. 

i just do not know if he can do that against NFL competition. Tee looks great and smooth there, especially for someone his size. How much translates with mediocre speed, mediocre acceleration?

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not at all? Or not at 22?

Just not at 22

EDIT: BUT if someone like mims is there in rd 2 i would still take him over higgins

Edited by JoPoy88

5 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

I think you are very wrong on both guys then. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

DPJ is my draft sleeper. He is going to be the next Stefon Diggs.

✍️

I like it! A lot of sentiment around DPJ is the poor QB play really hurt him at Michigan, and that there are people in the league higher on him than the media.

As far as the comparison, I like the Isaiah Coulter from Rhode Island as a Diggs type.

4 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

I like it! A lot of sentiment around DPJ is the poor QB play really hurt him at Michigan, and that there are people in the league higher on him than the media.

As far as the comparison, I like the Isaiah Coulter from Rhode Island as a Diggs type.

It’s a fact, not even sentiment. That in addition to mediocre coaching and development once he got there. He’s could end up going Late day 2 or Day 3 and has the talent to be a #1 WR in the league

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think you are very wrong on both guys then. 

I could be we’ll see gun. I’m just not one to disregard a bad workout and claim “HEY BUT HE CAN GAME I DONE SEEN IT.” 

the WR class is so deep the Bills could miss like once or twice and still hit on a monster. My only opinion is Higgins is not that monster.

14 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Crisp!  Look at how effortless and smooth that is.  He has the production to back it up and showed up in some big time games.

Sign me up!

Exactly. Which is precisely my point. Thank you for posting this because I was about to post that very tweet. He just catches the ball so well and hardly ever even bobbles it. Who throws the hardest ball in the league?  Arguably, it’s Josh Allen. That’s exactly why you need someone whose specialty is catching the ball out front with his hands. Tee Higgins can be that guy. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JoPoy88 said:

I could be we’ll see gun. I’m just not one to disregard a bad workout and claim “HEY BUT HE CAN GAME I DONE SEEN IT.” 

the WR class is so deep the Bills could miss like once or twice and still hit on a monster. My only opinion is Higgins is not that monster.

They could. But I think Higgins is more likely it than Reagor or Mims or Jefferson. 

• Like (+1) 2