Alec Ogletree as a potential SLB fit

YoloinOhio

It'll be interesting to see which direction the Bills go in to fill their vacant linebacker spot this offseason.

They could go for more of a "Zo replacement" in Kyler Fackrell, or they could go for someone who more closely fits the mold of their other linebackers, like Alec Ogletree.

Alternately, they could draft a youngster and have him compete with Corey Thompson and Vosean Joseph for the role.

Will be one of the better camp competitions this year.

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

It'll be interesting to see which direction the Bills go in to fill their vacant linebacker spot this offseason.

They could go for more of a "Zo replacement" in Kyler Fackrell, or they could go for someone who more closely fits the mold of their other linebackers, like Alec Ogletree.

Alternately, they could draft a youngster and have him compete with Corey Thompson and Vosean Joseph for the role.

Will be one of the better camp competitions this year.

I would LOVE to see what McDermott and Frazier could do with Cory Littleton.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, thebandit27 said:

I would LOVE to see what McDermott and Frazier could do with Cory Littleton.

Agreed. He's another one.

It's actually a sneaky great class of FA linebackers for what the Bills like to do. Whether or not they sign any of them will tell us a lot about how they feel about Joseph and Thompson.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Logic said:

Agreed. He's another one.

It's actually a sneaky great class of FA linebackers for what the Bills like to do. Whether or not they sign any of them will tell us a lot about how they feel about Joseph and Thompson.

I believe I read that the Rams are likely franchising Littleton 

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I believe I read that the Rams are likely franchising Littleton 

Not surprising. He's a good player.

I kind of figured he might be out of the Bills' price range anyway, assuming they don't want to spend big bucks on a 1 to 2 down linebacker.

5 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

If he can't rush the passer or play STs is he an ideal replacement for Lorenzo?

I think not

As expressed in the OP, the Bills have said they don’t plan to replace Zo with that type of Swiss Army knife player  because it too unique of a player to find.  They will replace his pass rush reps and ST reps with other players. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

As expressed in the OP, the Bills have said they don’t plan to replace Zo with that type of Swiss Army knife player  because it too unique of a player to find.  They will replace his pass rush reps and ST reps with other players. 

What about Van Noy though...

4 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

What about Van Noy though...

Gross

6 hours ago, YoungBillsFan25 said:

I would much rather draft an olb preferably Zach Baun from Wisconsin to fill Zo’s spot. He can rush the passer as well as cover and was one of the staples on a very good Wisconsin defense 

He’s a good player. Very disciplined.

On 2/26/2020 at 2:03 PM, ngbills said:

Must admit have not done much homework on the guy other than glance at his stats. Looks like he has a lot of Int's - 5 in 2018. Is he really that bad in pass coverage?

This is what im talking about. If your worried about pass coverage, with a 7 year age difference with capable pass rushing abilities, and a above average run defender which is everything zo was when stacking the box. If he is a process guy a 2yr 10 million contract would definitely add a productive SLB to fill a void which i wouldnt be opposed to that happening. You will get the same pass coverage abilities with him if not more than Zo and for a position that only gets 57% of defensive snaps not something to worry about to much