Fun!!! WOW!! NO MORE

plenzmd1

On 2/19/2020 at 1:03 PM, plenzmd1 said:

I thought the same thing, I didn’t even remember the place existed....until I watched the video. I was there a few times with my parents and sister when we were very young and it was great. The video of the shootout instantly brought it back to me.  I also remember some kind of a little train. Did they have the whole train taken over by bad guys or Indians, or was that elsewhere? I think they had a live dinosaur exhibit, too.   :)

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

I thought the same thing, I didn’t even remember the place existed....until I watched the video. I was there a few times with my parents and sister when we were very young and it was great. The video of the shootout instantly brought it back to me.  I also remember some kind of a little train. Did they have the whole train taken over by bad guys or Indians, or was that elsewhere? I think they had a live dinosaur exhibit, too.   :)

Weird, as we moved to the island in 80...and someone in my family has lived in that house ever since, but i was just never there. By the time i was like 5, brother and sister only wanted to go to Crystal Beach...so that where we went if we went an amusement park.

On 2/20/2020 at 2:13 PM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

The wild west shootout was going on when I was a mere pratt of a lad back in the 60s.  I think they were different upon opening in that they were a ‘pay one price’ park, Crystal Beach at the time collected tickets on each ride, purchased at booths around the park.  I do remember Fantasy Island being big on promoting themselves.  My father’s new Oldsmobile had a BIG bumper sticker plastered to it saying something like ‘We Had Fun at Fantasy Island’.  My mother stormed off to the office, and someone from the park was soon peeling it off before we left the parking lot.  Must be why they switched to annoying kids braying the “Fun?  Wow!” slogan on commercials.

I remember a similar thing. We pulled up and all got out of the car and as we headed for the gates I watched as my dad was looking back at the car and saw a guy placing bumper stickers on every car in the row. He stops and jogged (I never EVER saw him run) back and starts yelling at the guy telling him in no uncertain terms that he does not want a bumper sticker, nor does he want any Fantasy Island advertising anywhere near his car or kids (I guess dad didnt have the Fantasy Island account or something). I had never seen him get worked up over something so trivial.  

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Guffalo said:

I had never seen him get worked up over something so trivial.  

Your dad probably had it on good authority just how tenacious the glue on bumper stickers was back then.
EDIT:  I wonder if there’s a lot of 70-75 year olds with emotional problems now after having been the ‘bumper sticker crew’ at Fantasy Island in the 60s...? 

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013