Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MJS

2019 NFL rookie report card: Ranking each team's class, 1 to 32

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Logic said:


I literally can't imagine by what metric one would judge the quality of a draft class, other than how many guys make the team and how much they contribute.

How would YOU rank the quality of a draft class, mighty one?

 


well, making the team and playing isn’t a great standard. 
 

making the team and playing well is a much better standard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I realize it wasn't in as big of a spot but am I the only one who thinks Knox's play against the Bengals was more beastly than Kittle's play against the Saints?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jaraxxus said:

 

Disagree. Oliver was average, Ford was bad. Singletary and Knox saved the class, IMO.

Oliver was average?

 

I would recommend glasses

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Oliver was average?

 

I would recommend glasses

 

:lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea. At this point Ford just looks like a bad reach. 
 

It’s early, but considering the WRs they passed up it’s a frustrating pick.

Ford ws NOT a bad reach

 

Our entire offensive line was a disaster the year before to include our guard spots.....we were jucky that Spian and Jon F. ended up being good and Ford (who is not a lock to stay at RT) was not needed at the OG spot

 

As a OG.....Ford is a stud.....if he fits ANY OL position then it is not a bad pick.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Ford ws NOT a bad reach

 

Our entire offensive line was a disaster the year before to include our guard spots.....we were jucky that Spian and Jon F. ended up being good and Ford (who is not a lock to stay at RT) was not needed at the OG spot

 

As a OG.....Ford is a stud.....if he fits ANY OL position then it is not a bad pick.

He is? Did he even play OG this year?

 

We know he’s sucks at RT at the NFL level to this point. That’s about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How we are not top 8 is odd to me- there is no way that 13 teams had impact rookies at multiple positions. I assume that some of them are based on drafting QBs more than great players but at this point I just want more wins on the field.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

He is? Did he even play OG this year?

 

We know he’s sucks at RT at the NFL level to this point. That’s about it. 

Actually we dont know anything of the sort........he is a rookie and rookies get a chance to improve.

 

And yes.....if you stuck him at OG he would shine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Actually we dont know anything of the sort........he is a rookie and rookies get a chance to improve.

 

And yes.....if you stuck him at OG he would shine

Was it the broncos game that feliciano had to kick to center and ford moved to guard? Didn’t that happen at some point? I know that game in particular the run game was completely dominant. 
 

maybe I’m mistaken. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

This constitutes a good draft class?

You are so you... ??

 

Go Bills!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

You are so you... ??

 

Go Bills!!!

Thanks.?

 

Everyone made the team and some started= good draft class.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Thanks.?

 

Everyone made the team and some started= good draft class.?

So what's your actual opinion of the players themselves? Do you see potential for an impact player in Oliver? What about Singletary? And Knox?

 

Ford is a question mark. He was a rookie offensive lineman though and can absolutely get better, even if he stays at RT. Or he might not.

 

But I think what we saw from the three players I mentioned in paragraph one, we got some good return this draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

We absolutely should have had an A

Of course!?

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m so impressed by this Draft that it’s alarming to me it ‘only’ ranks 14th overall. Perhaps I’m so beaten down by decades of Drafting futility, but every player Drafted made the team with 3 full time starters on a legit playoff team. I didn’t read the whole article but it seems implausible that 13 teams can say that and were actually better.. The best aspect of our last Draft for me is Vosean Joseph, who didn’t play a down yet the team wouldn’t allow him to consider other teams-oops, I mean he was “INJURED” in the last preseason game... allowing him to hone his assassin skills here for the future.

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’m so impressed by this Draft that it’s alarming to me it ‘only’ ranks 14th overall. Perhaps I’m so beaten down by decades of Drafting futility, but every player Drafted made the team with 3 full time starters on a legit playoff team. I didn’t read the whole article but it seems implausible that 13 teams can say that and were actually better.. The best aspect of our last Draft for me is Vosean Joseph, who didn’t play a down yet the team wouldn’t allow him to consider other teams-oops, I mean he was “INJURED” in the last preseason game... allowing him to hone his assassin skills here for the future.

I think it's just the small market team with lack of national visibility. The Bills would have needed to go deep into the playoffs with huge contributions from rookies in order for the Bills to be considered for a top 10 or top 5 spot.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...