Michigan St can't find a head coach - why not Daboll

CorkScrewHill

I understand the desire to move on from Daboll, but at this point finding a replacement OC wont be a cake walk. Besides, as MAJ pointed out, with this year's crop of HS players signed, Michigan St is kinda screwed.  It's gonna take a massive lift for them to hire someone.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, MR8 said:

I understand the desire to move on from Daboll, but at this point finding a replacement OC wont be a cake walk. Besides, as MAJ pointed out, with this year's crop of HS players signed, Michigan St is kinda screwed.  It's gonna take a massive lift for them to hire someone.

yep put the interim coach in place that has a relationship with your recruits and try again when college season ends in November of 2020

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They found one. Hiring Mel Tucker from Colorado.

I guess this was about as good as they could do at this point. They waited too long to jettison Dantonio and screwed themselves in the process. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

They found one. Hiring Mel Tucker from Colorado.

That’s actually a much better hire than I thought they’d be able to make.  I’m sure they had to way overpay for him.  I would not be surprised to see a BOB/PSU scenario play out. 

11 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

That’s actually a much better hire than I thought they’d be able to make.  I’m sure they had to way overpay for him.  I would not be surprised to see a BOB/PSU scenario play out. 

Doubled his salary and doubled his pool for assistants. He’s making more than Ryan Day!

1 minute ago, BarleyNY said:

Wow!  I guess that’s why he changed his mind and took the job. 

Yeah he looks bad for his big media tour this week committing to the build at Colorado but hard to turn that money down, and he has Midwest roots. Now will be interesting to see if Colorado goes after Eric Bienemy from the Chiefs for their HC opening, as has been rumored. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yeah he looks bad for his big media tour this week committing to the build at Colorado but hard to turn that money down, and he has Midwest roots. Now will be interesting to see if Colorado goes after Eric Bienemy from the Chiefs for their HC opening, as has been rumored. 

Damn.  Bienemy would be a hell of a hire for Colorado.