Buffalo716

Rolling Stones coming back to the Ralph!

1 hour ago, Rico said:

If I was going, I would try for Lucky Dips tomorrow. Fraction of the cost, but you have no idea where you will be sitting until you go into the stadium. You could be in the pit, or in the last row of the upper deck.

https://iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,2716744

What is this??

33 minutes ago, bbb said:

What is this??

All info is in that thread. Stones have done this the last few tours. You buy a pair of tickets for like $100 or less total, but you don’t know where your seats are until you pick them up. You have to go thru the Stones tickets web page for the link to TM. They go very fast once the official sale starts.

Me, I’ve never had any problem self-upgrading my seats in a stadium show once inside if necessary, if you know what I mean. Others may be less inclined to take a chance.

Edited by Rico
  • Like (+1) 1

Scooped up 2 singles in the 200 level, both aisle seats and across from each other for only... $94 each.  My wife and I have been able to get tickets this way for lots of shows lately.  

11 minutes ago, Rico said:

All info is in that thread. Stones have done this the last few tours. You buy a pair of tickets for like $100 or less total, but you don’t know where your seats are until you pick them up. You have to go thru the Stones tickets web page for the link to TM. They go very fast once the official sale starts.

Me, I’ve never had any problem self-upgrading my seats in a stadium show once inside if necessary, if you know what I mean. Others may be less inclined to take a chance.

They did something similar on a tour maybe ten years ago.  The front floor tickets were something $400-500 bucks, but the very front row was $100.  Even on ticketmaster. 

1 minute ago, driddles said:

Scooped up 2 singles in the 200 level, both aisle seats and across from each other for only... $94 each.  My wife and I have been able to get tickets this way for lots of shows lately.  

Do they price the singles cheaper?  

7 minutes ago, bbb said:

They did something similar on a tour maybe ten years ago.  The front floor tickets were something $400-500 bucks, but the very front row was $100.  Even on ticketmaster. 

Do they price the singles cheaper?  

Most shows seem to, they don't want empty seats and most people aren't looking for singles.  Sometimes it's amazing what shows up if you drop the ticket number from 2 to 1.  We've been to shows where we sit one in front of the other for a fraction of the price. 

When I say 'singles' it's when say seats 1, 2, 4, and 5 have sold.  Seat 3 is basically an orphan seat now, no one seems to look for the solo seat.

Edited by driddles
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

You really think they would record it?

No, but it was note for note. Exactly They even had this thing where they showed a turntable and made a big production of putting the album on it, playing up that it is the Hotel California tour. Every song on the album in order. Then the intermission, then more live music with the typical concert riffs. 

40 minutes ago, Augie said:

No, but it was note for note. Exactly They even had this thing where they showed a turntable and made a big production of putting the album on it, playing up that it is the Hotel California tour. Every song on the album in order. Then the intermission, then more live music with the typical concert riffs. 

I've heard this many times about them... why not just stay at the house and crank it out into the backyard. 

Guy I know works in security in Tampa for concerts. Said when he did the Eagles show they were instructed to never directly look at any of the members of the group. And this was back in the tunnels and hallways. Kind of dickish if you asked me.

I paid $15 in 1981 at rich stadium to see woody

Edited by Helpmenow

On 2/13/2020 at 6:24 PM, Helpmenow said:

$1026 for the floor. Wtf

Times have changed........

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Times have changed........

No kidding.  Rather see them with a new cd. The Stones would always tour behind one

On 2/13/2020 at 3:55 PM, T&C said:

I've heard this many times about them... why not just stay at the house and crank it out into the backyard. 

Guy I know works in security in Tampa for concerts. Said when he did the Eagles show they were instructed to never directly look at any of the members of the group. And this was back in the tunnels and hallways. Kind of dickish if you asked me.

easily one of the most miserable and bitter set of people to succeed in music

it seems far better to have honest  hate and fight it out, as many bands were able to do

On 2/5/2020 at 6:35 AM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

How do you know that?!  Did they introduce themselves?  🤔

You have to hope you guess his name.

• Thanks! (+1) 1

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 2:36 PM, Rico said:

Is "Miss You," one of the best disco songs ever written?

20 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Is "Miss You," one of the best disco songs ever written?

In 1978? Sure. 

40 minutes ago, Rico said:

In 1978? Sure. 

they had kicked it around for over a year before the Some Girls release

and the recording was finished December 1977