The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

5 hours ago, spartacus said:

good news

found CDC lab instructions for PCR test dated 7/13 which replaced the 6/12 instructions I had seen earlier

seems like it happened after all

https://www.fda.gov/media/134922/download

note that on pg 26 (f), the CDC is instructing that the thermal cycles be run 45 times

I never disputed the 45 cycles. I disputed that there's no evidence it changed on 7/13. I still don't see that there was a change. 

Again if true that they changed it mid stream, it's a significant change (assuming labs followed the recommendation on cycles) worth being picked up on by either side of the media you like. 

Edited by shoshin
  • Haha (+1) 1

I can't believe so many of you are on here day after day still debating about Covid 19. It's been six months and virtually NONE of the predictions have been true. If you haven't realized by now that this has become 100% political theater, then you aren't looking at this too closely. Step back a little bit and look around you! Are people dying in the streets?  Nope!  Instead the ruling class and their partners in the national media have gotten Americans to be at each other's throats! We have looting, rioting and violence in major US Cities.  George Floyd....my fat arse! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, shoshin said:

The point to be made from that NYT story is that perhaps the test is too sensitive —to be the only test— but we shouldn’t stop using the PCR.  

We need more tests, especially the rapid ones. Give me an 95% accurate rapid test In quantity and we can go to football games. Don’t need to PCR everyone. 

...I understand the point but also emphasize with the scientific community and their exasperation wading through this to get accurate data.......the fraudsters are in full prey mode......counterfeit/substandard tests, substandard PPE at exorbitant prices, ads claiming "we have the cure", people waiting in line for hours who gave up the wait untested only to be notified they were "positive" et al.....and of course the "oops we screwed up tests results...here are the revised numbers".....

13 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...I understand the point but also emphasize with the scientific community and their exasperation wading through this to get accurate data.......the fraudsters are in full prey mode......counterfeit/substandard tests, substandard PPE at exorbitant prices, ads claiming "we have the cure", people waiting in line for hours who gave up the wait untested only to be notified they were "positive" et al.....and of course the "oops we screwed up tests results...here are the revised numbers".....

Florida just fired Qwest for failing to turn over 75k test results dating back to May

who knows if they actually did the tests

but Florida had huge spike to 8k cases on 8/31 which is probably the catch up from Qwest

Just now, spartacus said:

Florida just fired Qwest for failing to turn over 75k test results dating back to May

who knows if they actually did the tests

but Florida had huge spike to 8k cases on 8/31 which is probably the catch up from Qwest

...thanks for sharing.......sure this is/was a pandemic perhaps not seen since 1917 (but who knows?)......it is just hard to believe that 93 YEARS later we have not advanced enough to be accurate in today's technological world.....I'm sure it being an "election year" has NO bearing, right?.....unpublished reports say the Covid-19 counters have volunteered to count all mail in ballots to ensure precise accuracy.......I feel better............

The Covid-19 Pandemic is Ending

by James G. Robertson

Original Article

Covid19 has already passed through all 50 states as a single major contagious wave in each state. There were 33 early states where the epidemic was over by June, and 14 late states where the epidemic now is ending.

Every week in America about 51,000 people die from all causes. This number rises and falls during the winter due to flu-like illnesses and goes back to baseline in the summer. No one panics about it, and most people don’t even realize that it happens. This year was worse than normal, but we’ve almost returned to baseline.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Question: I hear people talking about an increase in cases here (WNY) and elsewhere. Does this have to do with the fact that because of school and colleges, there has been a huge swath of tests going out to a previously unsampled population? If so, to what degree? I do believe that while we have reached a tentative functional HIT, the fall and winter will bring cases in through the cracks and cause "spikes," but I'm not sure if this recent uptick is this or if it's just a testing artifact. Are colleges using PCR testing? Because the virus will stay in your bloodstream for months even if you didnt have symptoms, and that test cant tell the difference between alive/dead virus DNA

I'm terrified they're going to use a testing phenomenon to justify keeping us out of Bills games all season, which is genuinely not necessary 

Edited by arcane

17 minutes ago, arcane said:

Question: I hear people talking about an increase in cases here (WNY) and elsewhere. Does this have to do with the fact that because of school and colleges, there has been a huge swath of tests going out to a previously sampled population? If so, to what degree? I do believe that while we have reached a tentative functional HIT, the fall and winter will bring cases in through the cracks and cause "spikes," but I'm not sure if this recent uptick is this or if it's just a testing artifact. Are colleges using PCR testing? Because the virus will stay in your bloodstream for months even if you didnt have symptoms, and that test cant tell the difference between alive/dead virus DNA

I'm terrified they're going to use a testing phenomenon to justify keeping us out of Bills games all season, which is genuinely not necessary 

I think you have to prepare for no in-person fans for Bills games.  But the levels will be low in Miami and they are allowing fans, so maybe plan a road trip there?

The question of what is necessary or not - while it is becoming clearer for us peeons, it ultimately doesn't matter what we think.  We can whine all day to everyone about the restrictions of our freedoms, but King Cuomo's opinion is the only one that matters.  We just have to bend over and take it.  Big Cuomo is keeping you alive - without him and his safe NY stuff we'd all die.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, shoshin said:

More trolling from the White House, what "leadership."

It's important information to get out. The 80 year old speaker of the house thinks so little of the threat of the virus she breaks the law and goes without a mask. And RBG goes without a mask to officiate a wedding despite being even more vulnerable. 

If people are still locking themselves down at this point, after witnessing that, then I'd suggest they're happy being serfs. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

It was a douche move, she deserves everything she gets.

Trolling is not leading. 

I'd like to believe most Americans want their president above this kind of thing. 

Edited by shoshin
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Trolling is not leading. 

I'd like to believe most Americans want their president above this kind of thing. 

yes - much better to act like a politician to the people

and pocket millions from China and Ukraine for selling out those same people

• Like (+1) 5