The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I just got over a case of gout. The doctor didn’t even think to  pull back the sheet or hospital gown. 😉 (maybe I should ask for refund) 

Well, did he/she need to do that to see your big toe?  or was it affecting somewhere more private?  Perhaps you should drink less.

Just now, redtail hawk said:

Well, did he/she need to do that to see your big toe?  or was it affecting somewhere more private?  Perhaps you should drink less.

It was actually the second toe. Yeah, I’ve cut back on alcohol (although I never drank much to begin with) and red meat. Funny thing was I learned that they call the Big Toe, the Great Toe….who knew? 

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

It was actually the second toe. Yeah, I’ve cut back on alcohol (although I never drank much to begin with) and red meat. Funny thing was I learned that they call the Big Toe, the Great Toe….who knew? 

I did.  If you've had more than one episode you should be on a preventive agent per current guidelines.  Should know your uric acid level too

26 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Wow.  Is that Hans Christian Anderson?  He wrote fairy tales, too.  Know nothing about the guy other than what you posted.  Has he recanted?  Has he apologized?  If this is true, he should.

edit:  Looks like he made his opinions known to a house committee a couple days ago

https://oversight.house.gov/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/Testimony-of-Dr.-Kristian-Andersen.pdf

Hans C. Andersen died in 1875, so I don't think it was him. 

I read through the manifesto, and it's helpful to understand his persepective on the big picture.  It's obviously self-serving to a large degree, so that must be considered as well.  He also seems to have a bit of a God complex and clearly doesn't appreciate being judged for his actions. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, redtail hawk said:

I did.  If you've had more than one episode you should be on a preventive agent per current guidelines.  Should know your uric acid level too

Thanks

So far it was a one time thing…at least until the next time. Had all the blood work done repeatedly and all my levels are back down to normal. I’m guessing it popped up after some slight changes following my recent retirement. I’m very happy to be back to ‘normal’. 

40 minutes ago, Doc said:

Well to be fair, the origins of Wuhan virus wouldn't have changed how people dealt with it either.  That was more for assigning blame.

Yeah, but it gives a whole "Contagion" angle to it, which psychologically screws with the emotions of the masses.  Even now, I feel like Redtailhawk looks like a homelier version of Dustin Hoffman. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Yes, pretty common in Medicine😀.  But who wants a self doubter treating them for a potentially fatal illness?

There's a balance there.  

However, one of my individual pet peeves is educated and supposedly learned people who are emotionally soft.  It's difficult for me to trust them, and this guy falls into that category.  Spare me the 'woe is me' BS, spare me how you and yours should be considered beyond reproach, and get to the point.  People were mean to you. Toughen the %$# up. 

14 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

True story.  When one loses control or feeling in the Great Toe, it's referred to as Toelio. 

Ok that's not true, but it should be.  I heard that gout can be very, very painful.  Hope you feel better soon. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Spare me the 'woe is me' BS, spare me how you and yours should be considered beyond reproach, and get to the point.  People were mean to you. Toughen the %$# up. 

pretty sure I've gotten to the point multiple times:  many people chose not follow common sense measures to protect everyone including me.  Measures that have been used for 100's of years and until recently, not studied in depth.  If you discover how to "toughen up"  to mitigate the effects of Covid, please publish it.

26 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Yeah, but it gives a whole "Contagion" angle to it, which psychologically screws with the emotions of the masses.  Even now, I feel like Redtailhawk looks like a homelier version of Dustin Hoffman. 

yeah, not really.  Irish/German and Jewish don't generally share many physical facial features.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

pretty sure I've gotten to the point multiple times:  many people chose not follow common sense measures to protect everyone including me.  Measures that have been used for 100's of years and until recently, not studied in depth.  If you discover how to "toughen up"  to mitigate the effects of Covid, please publish it.

So it’s your learned opinion that for years we huddled the entire population into the Home Depot and local grocery store? 😉

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So it’s your learned opinion that for years we huddled the entire population into the Home Depot and local grocery store? 😉

No idea what this means.  As to your fantasies, I'm thinking either Norm or Meryl Streep?  Or maybe a cross between Roy Shieder and Billy Martin.

https://www.pinterest.com/schelingen1/americans-of-german-irish-ancestry/

Edited by redtail hawk

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Thanks

I’m taking bets on Bonnie with his ‘Back to the Thread’? 😂

Sorry, sorry everyone. 

I was walking the dog with the B-Wife in

downtown Lewiston. 

“Back to the thread !!! “

👨🏻🐶🧑🏼

• Thank you (+1) 1

Perhaps not as definitive as "Flashback Friday" but the arthritis Foundation says this

https://www.arthritis.org/health-wellness/healthy-living/nutrition/healthy-eating/are-cherries-cure-for-gout#

Until more is known, a specific cherry regimen isn’t advised. But many agree that for overall health and as a possible tool in managing gout, a handful of cherries, especially a tart variety such as Montmorency, or a glass of cherry juice every day can’t hurt.

3 hours ago, BillStime said:

Nut job 

Good thing Dustin Hoffman (Ashkkenazi) took the vax!  The guy's a whack job.

Edited by redtail hawk