The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

2 hours ago, shoshin said:

Trolling is not leading. 

I'd like to believe most Americans want their president above this kind of thing. 

Yes, because leadership is defined by how much the White House Press Corps whines about what the press secretary does.

Edited by Koko78

1 hour ago, Koko78 said:

Yes, because leadership is defined by how much the White House Press Corps whines about what the press secretary does.

I don't care what the Press Corpsepeople say. And is the White House Press Secretary is now somehow not a spokesperson for the President of the United States? Seems like there's only one more direct conduit from POTUS to the people. So yes, what she does matters. You've forgotten or don't know what leadership looks like. 

But trolling, you're getting a great view of that. 

So the answer I am getting for the 6% is this - excess deaths are still running at over 200k for the year in the US.  You can't just boil it down to what the death cert. says.

I have seen conflicting statements about the excess deaths for the year.  Is this just more gov't data that takes a long time to aggregate?

54 minutes ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

So the answer I am getting for the 6% is this - excess deaths are still running at over 200k for the year in the US.  You can't just boil it down to what the death cert. says.

I have seen conflicting statements about the excess deaths for the year.  Is this just more gov't data that takes a long time to aggregate?

Someone had a link to that stat, and I neglected to save it.

@spartacus @Magox - do one of you have that link?

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Someone had a link to that stat, and I neglected to save it.

@spartacus @Magox - do one of you have that link?

Right, my inconsistency alarm is going off. Thanks

In the end I think it’s partisan BS in both directions, and the excess # will be somewhere in the middle of the covid #s.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

Right, my inconsistency alarm is going off. Thanks

In the end I think it’s partisan BS in both directions, and the excess # will be somewhere in the middle of the covid #s.

The postmortem on this will only work with real numbers, as many have been saying for a while. Modeling can only work with correct data. I wonder if that is why we are seeing the "adjustments" now?

As a small business owner in dire need of CA getting back to work, this is absolutely infuriating to me.

How do you not behave with more purpose to opening things up? How do you look at the current CA Covid rates and believe "there is no green light."

But mark my words, Newsom will get re-elected in a landslide.

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

As a small business owner in dire need of CA getting back to work, this is absolutely infuriating to me.

How do you not behave with more purpose to opening things up? How do you look at the current CA Covid rates and believe "there is no green light."

But mark my words, Newsom will get re-elected in a landslide.

What Newsom is doing in California is downright criminal.

• Like (+1) 1

The sad part is that a huge portion of the population will be permanently scarred by the shutdown.  I see it all the time in the tristate area.  Some people are petrified to be in public, and I’m talking about being in a wide open area, in broad daylight on a hot summer day.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GG said:

The sad part is that a huge portion of the population will be permanently scarred by the shutdown.  I see it all the time in the tristate area.  Some people are petrified to be in public, and I’m talking about being in a wide open area, in broad daylight on a hot summer day.

Try getting a date :death:

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

My middle aged sister in law has literally not left her house since mid March! Not once. Not for anything. Just sad. A total nutcase. 

Maybe you could hook her up with BuffalHokie13 who needs a date. What a date consists of you'll have to work out with him. 

• Haha (+1) 1