Go America!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By 2008 you'll need a US passport to return from Canada or Mexico.  You already can't fly unless your papers are in order.

305127[/snapback]

At this rate, by 2010 we'll need to show papers to move from state to state.

No lighters on airplanes.  Effective today.  Pretty soon we're all going to be stripped, deloused, shaved, and mummified for travel.

Love government.

305120[/snapback]

Time to sell my Zipo and bic stock. Then buy some stock in some Match company's

Never happen. State lines mean very little nowadays. The feral gov't does all it can to erase them.

305154[/snapback]

Although the third sentence of your post is all too true, you'd retract the second if you'd been paying income and property taxes in NY.

No lighters on airplanes.  Effective today.  Pretty soon we're all going to be stripped, deloused, shaved, and mummified for travel.

Love government.

305120[/snapback]

Just heard on the radio that you CAN take 4 books of matches with you. ??? :( ???

Even better.......

The Homeland Security Dept is phasing out the TSA.

While far from perfect, the TSA AT LEAST gave our airport security system SOME semblence of unity, procedural responsibility and decent oversight. But the geniuses at the HSD decided to do away with it and probably will go BACK to private security companies handling the task, just like it was in the "good ole days" before 9/11....you know....when even a non U.S. citizen was paid $10 an hour to handle the task.

I swear.....sometimes we just ASK and BEG for someone to "hit" us.

Just heard on the radio that you CAN take 4 books of matches with you.  ??? :( ???

305205[/snapback]

Nothing the TSA comes up with can amaze me. Talk about the inmates running the asylum...and unlike a lot of people, I don't blame the screening agents. I save my venom for the botards dictating policy. When will they realize that a 9-11 aircraft style attack will never happen again.

"Sir, could you please remove your shoes?"

"But they're flip-flops, what could I possibly have hidden?

"We don't make the rules, we just enforce them."

"I understand that, but when did shoe removal become policy?"

"We'll it's not exactly policy, but all the lemmings do it anyway, so our managers decided we should hassle anybody who doesn't follow our non-existing policy."

Love government.

305120[/snapback]

No problem with no lighters on airplanes. Shouldn't be smoking on airplanes at all.

No problem with no lighters on airplanes.  Shouldn't be smoking on airplanes at all.

305227[/snapback]

No they shouldn't. But they should be allowed to light up after the flight without having to go into one of those rip-off airport stores and pay $7 for a lighter.

Wouldn't be suprised if by then NYS makes you pay a toll to leave the state.

305257[/snapback]

They don't? I left 7 years ago, they still try to get income tax out of me. It has something to do with their believing I'm a resident because they suspended my NY driver's license I no longer have for not having insurance on a car I no longer own in a state where I no longer live...

Seriously messed up state. At least I only toss crap from my tree, and don't sit in Albany and cover the state in it.

No they shouldn't.  But they should be allowed to light up after the flight without having to go into one of those rip-off airport stores and pay $7 for a lighter.

305287[/snapback]

Or they'll sell you a book of matches for a buck. Taxi's will start to sell Books of matches in their Cab's too. someone will figure out a way to make some serious money of this stupid law.............

No they shouldn't.  But they should be allowed to light up after the flight without having to go into one of those rip-off airport stores and pay $7 for a lighter.

305287[/snapback]

In a related story, the average price of said lighters has gone up to $10. :(