Should season ticket holders protest?

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

and the REASON they are doing it is because you cannot block at the restraining line UNTIL ball fielded. That is why EVERY returner does it to let EVERYONE know he has no intention of bringing the ball out before the collisions at the restraining line. 

this is an artifact of those new restraining line rules. 

I see it every week. Even seen our own returner do it. 

Right. 

Like I said, the return man did one of two things right in signaling no return. I bet he will never touch the ball again after doing so. 

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

Right. 

Like I said, the return man did one of two things right in signaling no return. I bet he will never touch the ball again after doing so. 

and then when someone recovers it fans will expect it is a TD like is would have been in the past. But no longer is as it is Not a live ball at that point 

Edited by MAJBobby

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Would love to see tape, cause I haven't

It just seems like there's a simple set of rules in place that govern exactly the protocol to follow...and it wasn't. I mean, that's the whole reason the rules exist- so you don't have to worry about intent.

Again, I agree. And I would look for the rule to be further clarified that once the safe signal is given, the play is dead. 

Just now, K-9 said:

Again, I agree. And I would look for the rule to be further clarified that once the safe signal is given, the play is dead. 

Kneeling is not so onerous. The airplane arms safe signal hasn't made its way into the rulebook yet. Specific to this play, taking a knee (or other qualifying body part) or less commonly signaling fair catch would be the acceptable (and only) ways to signal no return. 

1 hour ago, CheshireCT said:

At first I accepted the overturning myself, but having watched a discussion on a sports show from former players, they all agreed that the rules should be followed strictly and gave some good examples - such as, what about victory formation? Is it ok if the QB doesn’t take a knee? What about the fake spike play for example? What if the Texans player was faking giving himself up in the end zone and then runs it back for a touchdown? He has to put his knee down, period.

Any person has the power to make an impact when they believe in something.

The question is how much do you care about this to invest yourself in it? Is it worth spending countless hours and days fighting this? For most people, I would say the answer would be no, there are things more important for them to fight for. Therefore it would be difficult to get a mass crowd to follow you in protest.

But hey, you should go with your own feeling!!!

Hah yea I mean I care but would love if someone else took the reigns. I thought there may be a chance that just posting the idea might inspire someone to take the initiative. 

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

they got something to whine about for the rest of their lives, they are quite thrilled to do so...  :(

I think the whining would end if someone could just post clear evidence instead of just saying well it happens every week in every game. Ok well just post some evidence and we can all forget it.  

Kneeling is not so onerous. The airplane arms safe signal hasn't made its way into the rulebook yet. Specific to this play, taking a knee (or other qualifying body part) or less commonly signaling fair catch would be the acceptable (and only) ways to signal no return. 

And yet it’s been accepted in practice, if not specifically defined in the rule book,  by refs league wide. Indeed, I’ve seen numerous instances where the ref blew the whistle the moment the ball landed after the returner gave the safe signal in the endzone. 

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Guys they're not going to ***** reverse this, the game is over we lost on to 2020.

Yea not looking for a victory more or less looking for acknowledgment that the nfl swooped in when they shouldn’t have and changed the outcome of a game just for ratings. This isn’t even really about the bills. 

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

And yet it’s been accepted in practice, if not specifically defined in the rule book,  by refs league wide. Indeed, I’ve seen numerous instances where the ref blew the whistle the moment the ball landed after the returner gave the safe signal in the endzone. 

Yes I agree I've seen that when the returner lets the ball hit the ground, but I have never seen the guy catch it and toss it back to the ref w/out kneeling first.

2 hours ago, Bangarang said:

We blew a 16 point lead. Get over it. 

There’s plenty to be disappointed at by the team. This thread isn’t about that thought I made it clear. This was about the nfl stepping in and arbitrarily changing rules in order to prevent a blowout and casual people tuning to a different channel. 

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

So, common sense has no place in rules interpretation? Can’t disagree more. The returner gave himself up and that was obvious, regardless of the technicality involved.

NFL refs get so much wrong during the course of a season and it’s by far the worst officiated sport in the world, but every once in a while they get it right. 

I agree they got it right then it was overturned by the league in NY.

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

all turnovers and scores are reviewed. Jesus it was the right call he was clearly giving himself up and happens just like that EVERY WEEK 

It is sort of the letter of the law vs. the spirit of the law type thing. Yes by the letter of the law it should have been a TD for Buffalo but in the spirt of what the player did it was a clear signal for him giving himself up and not returning the ball. As a fan I think it is BS but if I were a neutral observer I honestly can't fault the league for overturning the call. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Yes I agree I've seen that when the returner lets the ball hit the ground, but I have never seen the guy catch it and toss it back to the ref w/out kneeling first.

No doubt it was bizarre and I give the ref credit for calling the TD in the first place as other refs may not have. But I think they got it right in the end. 

Sorry if I’m not as outraged as some others, but it was one of those one in a million occurrences that deserved the scrutiny it received by the group of officials who discussed it. 

8 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

I agree they got it right then it was overturned by the league in NY.

Good luck with the lawsuit. This guy is available:

image.thumb.jpeg.4324751345aaaedf8b98e2201ff4572a.jpeg

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

No doubt it was bizarre and I give the ref credit for calling the TD in the first place as other refs may not have. But I think they got it right in the end. 

Sorry if I’m not as outraged as some others, but it was one of those one in a million occurrences that deserved the scrutiny it received by the group of officials who discussed it. 

I am less outraged than incredulous tbh. I thought scoring plays (and turnovers for that matter) required video replay confirmation. Certainly overturning a called TD requires video replay. The process that immediately followed the play was unique to my years of watching pro football.

• Like (+1) 1

I am less outraged than incredulous tbh. I thought scoring plays (and turnovers for that matter) required video replay confirmation. Certainly overturning a called TD requires video replay. The process that immediately followed the play was unique to my years of watching pro football.

I agree. 

now what if they reviewed it and overturned it would you be Ok with the call then?

It’s a weird situation. They went against the rule book, so I guess it should be a TD. I’m sure it would probably never happened again had they enforced it, and although they’re cheap points...that’s not our fault, the dude made a mental error. That being said, the games over, nothing is going to change.

Just now, MAJBobby said:

now what if they reviewed it and overturned it would you be Ok with the call then?

Probably wouldn't have felt better about the call cause I think I have it right, but at least I would have felt better about the process because it would have involved the normal procedure and not the men in black coming in from the cold dispensing judgement.

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

I see the butt hurt brigade is out in full force today.

Here’s a clue for them: no game in the history of the NFL has ever been won or lost on one play. Not. One. Now that may be too big a concept for the third graders who watch the games and get all passed off when calls go against them, but it’s true none the less. 

Spoken like a tough guy. I’ll include an example for the close minded people. I play on a pool team that qualified for the all cities tournament which is a March madness style tournament that you have to earn the right to qualify for. winner gets $8000 and trip to Vegas to compete in nationals after 2 full days we were in the championship game and needed 1 more win to close out the match. The opposing player beat our player in that game by making the 8ball, the cue ball was rolling down the table and he picked it up while it was still rolling.  I’ve never seen anyone do that before and by rules it’s a table scratch and a automatic loss. That was it and we won the game and went to Vegas. You can feel bad for people doing questionable things when the stakes are high and you aren’t thinking straight but rules are rules and all I’m hearing from certain trolls is get over it or it happens all the time with 0 proof that it does. And all the facts point that it shouldn’t have been overturned. Maybe by protesting season tickets it may make the pegulas step in and demand changes from the NFL. Again tough to say what it would look like but I think everyone would be in agreement that removing goodell might be a great start. 

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Probably wouldn't have felt better about the call cause I think I have it right, but at least I would have felt better about the process because it would have involved the normal procedure and not the men in black coming in from the cold dispensing judgement.

so Head Officials and their staff don’t converse during games to get the call right?  Oooo yeah they do.