Duke Williams "Dropped" TD ***VIDEO OR IMAGES PLEASE***

StHustle

I know I know, another Duke thread but I am PISSED that most people seem to think Duke dropped this TD pass when he didn't.

The DB had his left arm hooked, not allowing him to make the catch (which is illegal and pass interference by rule) and yet he STILL almost made it. You simply can't EXPECT a receiver to be able to make that grab and ESPECIALLY can't count it as a freaking drop. I don't want this false narrative floating around and wanted to provide the evidence BUT CANT FIND IT ANYWHERE. 

Can someone on here who as the game recorded and cares enough about the truth to set the record straight. Duke made some amazing catches for a guy running scout team most of the season. He would make an amazing #3 receiver and deserves much more respect than he is getting from many misinformed fans.

PLEASE HELP SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT!

(mods please dont merge or delete this. Its important for the overall fan perception of a guy who led our team in targets for a reason. It would be a damn shame for this misconception that he has questionable hands to live amongst our fans)

Edited by StHustle
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

I don't have a video but Im sure there is one out there.  You seem to be of the impression that it was interference.  It was not.  The DB simply made a good play.  Josh made the throw he had to and Duke did what he could to catch it.  The DB was better than Duke on that play and that's that.

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

No other player on the roster could have even been in the position he was in to make that play. Maybe if he had been active the last 3 months, he would have caught it.

Seems many fans refuse to see him as a rookie NFL receiver with 3-4 games of experience and think cause he hasnt shown he can be Randy Moss yest that he should be off the roster or a #5 at best. SMH.

2 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

No other player on the roster could have even been in the position he was in to make that play. Maybe if he had been active the last 3 months, he would have caught it.

Wow. I've seen people hold onto drowning takes, but this is really well done. 

3 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

What. Are. You. Talking. About.

People on here have officially lost their minds 

It was a tough play. Good Def. 50/50 ball didn’t go our way.  I thought Duke played awesome yesterday and I yelled for him a bunch of times. He had that GREAT catch called back by penalty. He’s definitely no worse than a WR3 depending on what they do in the offseason. But with this current team he definitely is top 3

Just now, StHustle said:

Seems many fans refuse to see him as a rookie NFL receiver with 3-4 games of experience and think cause he hasnt shown he can be Randy Moss yest that he should be off the roster or a #5 at best. SMH.

I mean, I think there's a lot of people, myself included, that see him as a decent role player who made some good plays but had some costly drops. In other words, a fringe roster player... As he's been since being signed. 

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

I don't have a video but Im sure there is one out there.  You seem to be of the impression that it was interference.  It was not.  The DB simply made a good play.  Josh made the throw he had to and Duke did what he could to catch it.  The DB was better than Duke on that play and that's that.

This is the EXACT reason I made this thread. YOU ARE MISINFORMED. HIS LEFT ARM WAS HOOKED. Smart play by the DB for sure but 10000% illegal by rule and basically forced Duke into having to alligator arm the catch. CANNOT BE CONSIDERED A DROP!