This is probably common knowledge but

Beerball

OT Alex Barron (Florida State)

Vital statistics: 6 foot 7½, 318 pounds, 4.86 in the 40, 19 bench press reps.

Didn't Clarett run a 4.8 40?  For 318 lbs this guy can move.  He's more than .5 secs faster than Adam Terry.

304870[/snapback]

19 bench presses @225lbs is pretty weak for a 319lb offensive tackle...

He will be awesome when chasing RBs 40 yards down the field to make a block, beating the other linemen by a half yard.

The rest of the game, meaning, every single play, that 40 time means zero. I don't even know why they clock these OL in the 40. I would imagine that the 10 yard dash time means exponentially more to a scout or coach or GM than the 40 time.

304898[/snapback]

Yep, I live in Tallahassee and the local FSU fans always complain about how WEAK Alex Baron is. Weak weak weak, that's all I hear about him. Good observation! He mostly used his speed to run away from the D-Line guys. It would be best if the Bills passed on this guy, and followed your suggestion.

Are you maucking me? :(

304920[/snapback]

He will be awesome when chasing RBs 40 yards down the field to make a block, beating the other linemen by a half yard.

The rest of the game, meaning, every single play, that 40 time means zero. I don't even know why they clock these OL in the 40. I would imagine that the 10 yard dash time means exponentially more to a scout or coach or GM than the 40 time.

304922[/snapback]

So what you are saying is that speed does not factor into the play of an offensive lineman and I should stick to off topic subjects?  Fine, you asked for it bub.

304959[/snapback]

With linemen, it's more about quickness than just pure speed. Speed is great, but the ability to beat the defender off the snap and to get into position where you can get the better of him is way more important. For that reason, 40 times are for the most part irrelevant when evaluating OL.

304898[/snapback]

19 reps does seem like a small number for a guy that size.

Remember Jamie Nails? He did about 19,000 reps and he STILL sucked. Did we draft any good blockers besides Ruben and Jennings in the last 10 years? :(

Sorry, I just cant sing the praise of Mike Williams. Not for 9.15 million dollars. Not yet. :doh:

19 reps does seem like a small number for a guy that size.

Remember Jamie Nails? He did about 19,000 reps and he STILL sucked. Did we draft any good blockers besides Ruben and Jennings in the last 10 years?  :(

Sorry, I just cant sing the praise of Mike Williams. Not for 9.15 million dollars. Not yet.  :doh:

304974[/snapback]

So, if you remove the dollar amounts, you think ONLY Jonas and Ruben were good blockers?