Any Pregame/Ingame Ritual(s) to Guarantee the Win?

We Bills fans are a notoriously cynical bunch—for good reason. We know that we need all the help we can get this Saturday. So what will you bring to the table to help us secure our first playoff victory since...well, before the threat of Y2K made canned corn a form of legal tender? :P

My contribution will be wearing what my wife charitably describes as my hideous Zubaz jogging pants, paired with the Allen jersey I got right after the Minnesota leap game... I will lock myself away from the rest of the family to ensure the utmost concentration, and will never sit down, ever. Basically a repeat of the Pittsburgh Sunday night victory for me. It is my hope that these small steps will help sway football history in Houston. How about you?

So I am undecided as to my game day ritual.  After leaving it in the basement when we lost by 3 points to the Browns, I consumed a bottle of Josh Cellars 2017 vintage Cabernet Sauvignon each game day for the next 3 weeks as we won 3 in a row and played our best offense of the season.

I consumed a bottle as we lost to the Ravens, so by rights I should have switched up, but since we narrowly missed a chance to tie in the final seconds I kept the ritual, and we clinched in Pittsburgh.  I was advised I should keep it up, since we clinched on a bottle.

Since then, 2 more bottles and 2 more losses.  However, I will admit that I failed to eat Instant Pot macaroni and cheese prior to the game.

So what say you?  Keep or change with the wine?

• Haha (+1) 1

Wearing my Josh Allen jersey &  Bills cap, drinking Genesee lager (they sell it out here in SW Washington!) out of a Bills beer glass, eating wings with Marie's (sorry, no Rootie's out here), and hanging my Bills flag outside.

• Like (+1) 1

Well, I’m currently visiting family about 70 miles from Clarksdale, Mississippi... home of the “original” Crossroads. I plan to be there just before midnight tonight NYE, dressed head to toe in Bills gear. I’ll be taking with me a Scott Norwood jersey to set aflame at the center of that intersection, while chanting “Trust the Process” and performing a rhythmic McClappity clap. When Ol’ Scratch shows up in his Bose headset and OJ Simpson jersey, I’ll promise him my soul and a pair of zubaz for fair and balanced officiating and a long overdue Buffalo Bills cover story on ESPatriotsN. And if he’ll throw in a Lombardi trophy for McBeane and Company, I’ll promise him Doug Whaley’s soul as well. I’d offer him Dick Jauron’s, but he doesn’t have one so...

• Haha (+1) 4

For me it’s all about nudity. 

I get naked as a jay bird and watch the game standing the entire time. If the opponent makes a big play I turn to the TV and shake my rear end at the celebrating player. When the Bills score I wave my junk to and fro in metronomed time to the Shout song.

Works like a voodoo-infused charm.

However,  the other people in the WalMart electronics section often object and call for security. Killjoys.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller
  • Haha (+1) 6

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So I am undecided as to my game day ritual.  After leaving it in the basement when we lost by 3 points to the Browns, I consumed a bottle of Josh Cellars 2017 vintage Cabernet Sauvignon each game day for the next 3 weeks as we won 3 in a row and played our best offense of the season.

I consumed a bottle as we lost to the Ravens, so by rights I should have switched up, but since we narrowly missed a chance to tie in the final seconds I kept the ritual, and we clinched in Pittsburgh.  I was advised I should keep it up, since we clinched on a bottle.

Since then, 2 more bottles and 2 more losses.  However, I will admit that I failed to eat Instant Pot macaroni and cheese prior to the game.

So what say you?  Keep or change with the wine?

Given all the other variables you mentioned, I would recommend stick with it, but for sure don’t skimp out on the Mac n cheese. Just to be safe and by way of atonement, douse the mac n cheese in sweet baby Ray’s BBQ sauce first with some shredded pork or beef as a kicker? That may help...:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

My pre game rituals for home games goes like this: 

Wake up at 06:45, drink at least 2 cups of coffee while everyone in the house is still asleep. After the coffee lubes the system,  i take my morning glory.  Following the morning glory,  it's time to shower. Post cleansing,  get dressed and meet up with my fellow ticket holders by 08:15.  Get to the stadium just before 09:00. Prime the clean system with beer and food until 12:30 when we get in line to go to our seats.  Every home game. Rinse and repeat. 

Pre game for away games:

Wake up 08:00. Listen to the wife complain about everything she thinks i have to do that day. Drink at least 2 cups of coffee while i talk her out of having to do anything. Put the nice guy hat on and make breakfast for everyone. Following kitchen cleanup, disappear into the basement until 16:30.

Edited by loyal2dagame
  • Thank you (+1) 1