Former Bill Tom Flores has been chosen as a finalist for the Hall of Fame

class_of_2012

15 hours ago, row_33 said:

Dungy?

edit: there isn't a third?

I apologize. I meant two people total. I got it messed up. Yes, Ditka and Flores only.

15 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Ditka and who else?

Thomas Raymond Flores is an American former professional football coach and player. He and Mike Ditka are the only two people in National Football League history to win a Super Bowl as a player, assistant coach, and head coach.

Career history
As player:
As coach:
Career highlights and awards
As Player
As Coach
Career NFL statistics
TDINT: 93–92
Passing yards: 11,959
Passer rating: 67.6

Head coaching record
Regular season: 97–87 (.527)
Postseason: 8–3 (.727)
Career: 105–90 (.538)

Yeah I got it wrong. Just two people. Thanks for catching my mistake. I will edit my post.

16 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...Flores and Plunkett ?...should they be in?......both we're accomplished, but I've often wondered in this day and age of "political correctness" why Tom (Hispanic) or Jim (Native American) have not been brought up more frequently......

I don't care at all about "political correctness" I don't think Flores by winning 1 SB has done enough to deserve a gold jacket (correct me if i'm wrong) but on the other hand Plunket given how he went from first round pick to the bench & then to a 2 time SB winning QB deserves to be in the HOF !

1 minute ago, T master said:

I don't care at all about "political correctness" I don't think Flores by winning 1 SB has done enough to deserve a gold jacket (correct me if i'm wrong) but on the other hand Plunket given how he went from first round pick to the bench & then to a 2 time SB winning QB deserves to be in the HOF !

...I don't either nor was I advocating it.......but anything is possible today regardless of the arena (unfortunately)......

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...I don't either nor was I advocating it.......but anything is possible today regardless of the arena (unfortunately)......

look at what baseball is allowing in through the "friends and poker cronies" committee

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Agree'd I wasn't blowing you up just adding my 2 cents & that with a dollar might get you a candy bar at the corner store ?

Too i never knew he was a Buffalo Bill !! 

Edited by T master
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, T master said:

Agree'd I wasn't blowing you up just adding my 2 cents & that with a dollar might get you a candy bar at the corner store ?

easy to say that's how you see it, the more you actualize it the better it is

just aim for laughs on here

2 hours ago, T master said:

Too i never knew he was a Buffalo Bill !! 

still too soon for many on here....

kind of worse than the Maybin draft pick and it turned out he would rather be fingerpainting

20 hours ago, ticketssince61 said:

He was involved in one of the worst trades in Bills history

Traded away Lamonica and Glen Bass for Flores and Art Powell

https://www.si.com/vault/1967/11/13/610151/a-big-raid-that-really-paid-off

Yep.  Flores and Powell were once good, thus the names made a splash - more like a thud as it turned out.

5 hours ago, T master said:

Actually to correct you Flores won 2 Super Bowls the first one I believe was back in 79 and then he won in 83. Plunkett doesn’t deserve the HOF because he was mediocre to average at best. He was pretty much a joe Ferguson type of handoff man to Marcus Allen and that year in 83 it was all Allen and the defense. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Actually to correct you Flores won 2 Super Bowls the first one I believe was back in 79 and then he won in 83. Plunkett doesn’t deserve the HOF because he was mediocre to average at best. He was pretty much a joe Ferguson type of handoff man to Marcus Allen and that year in 83 it was all Allen and the defense. 

It was actually in 1980-81, when the Raiders upset the Philadelphia Eagles. I remember that year fondly, as the Bills won the division at 11-5. The fans tore down the goal posts on opening day when we beat Miami for the first time in a decade. I agree about Plunkett.

Edited by class_of_2012
  • Like (+1) 1

Flores Raiders beat the Vermeil Eagles in the 1980 season Super Bowl

a totally open year with the Steelers now finished

every time i payed this season with Paydirt or computer sims the Chargers were totally unstoppable...

3 minutes ago, class_of_2012 said:

It was actually in 1980-81, when the Raiders upset the Philadelphia Eagles. I remember that year fondly, as the Bills won the division at 11-5. The fans tore down the goal posts on opening day when we beat Miami for the first time  in a decade. I agree about Plunkett.

Carrying this further, if it weren’t for the Bills, the Jim Plunkett Comeback story may never have been written. We played the Raiders game 5 of ‘80. This was Year 1 after the huge Stabler/Pastorini trade. We broke Dante’s leg in that game -a Win that pushed us to 5-0. Plunkett came in to replace Pastorini and the rest -as they say, is history.

• Like (+1) 1