Week 14: Around the League

Just now, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Just tuned in to see the score. Man the nfl is weird. Get destroyed by Baltimore, take it to the hawks. 

Divisional games.......

I swear those games no matter whos playing (except Bills/Pats) always end up closer then they should have beenI think its because teams in the same division build their teams to beat each other rather then other teams in the league. The Seahawks go into the offseason building their team to beat the 49ers, rams and Cardinals, Not NE or Baltimore or NO

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Crazy what the Rams are doing to the Hawks. 

Shocking.  I expected the score to be the reverse of what it is now.  I still think the Rams miss the playoffs, even if they win tonight.

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Except that Wilson doesn't look great either... Good to see that Good QB's can have off days without the world ending. 

I don't know anyone who said they couldn't though

The thing is that guys like Brady, Wilson, Brees, and the other top tier guys have built up enough equity over the years that a bad game is viewed as just having an off game because they have consistently shown they can be great and the off games are rare

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

I don't know anyone who said they couldn't though

The thing is that guys like Brady, Wilson, Brees, and the other top tier guys have built up enough equity over the years that a bad game is viewed as just having an off game because they have consistently shown they can be great and the off games are rare

That's a fair counter, but a bad game is a bad game. It happens. On to next week. 

With the results of today's games we have a 53% chance to make the playoffs if we lose the rest of our games.  We can clinch a spot with any win in the next three games.  It was a disappointing loss but I still like my chances in making the playoffs.

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

With the results of today's games we have a 53% chance to make the playoffs if we lose the rest of our games.  We can clinch a spot with any win in the next three games.  It was a disappointing loss but I still like my chances in making the playoffs.

That's insane.. We can lose out and still have a statistically probable shot of making the playoffs? Crazy stuff.

Just now, whatdrought said:

That's insane.. We can lose out and still have a statistically probable shot of making the playoffs? Crazy stuff.

AFC is weak this year.  Like it was when we made it two years ago at 9-7.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

That's a fair counter, but a bad game is a bad game. It happens. On to next week. 

Its just more excusable or acceptable when you have built up the cred like the top guys have and its something that occurs only 1-2 times a year, while the rest of the time your carrying the offence

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

It would be so Billsy to end up losing out, then having Dalton throw a TD pass to win a game week 17 to give another team a tie breaker over them.......

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Its just more excusable or acceptable when you have built up the cred like the top guys have and its something that occurs only 1-2 times a year, while the rest of the time your carrying the offence

It changes the perspective of the bad game- do you believe in the guy that he's gonna be back to being good, and shake off the bad game, or not? It's easier to say yes with Russel Wilson right now than it is with Josh Allen. I personally believe Josh will shake it off and come back to being good. 

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

It would be so Billsy to end up losing out, then having Dalton throw a TD pass to win a game week 17 to give another team a tie breaker over them.......

This whole board would be on suicide watch. 

Edited by whatdrought