Name This Person

T&C

4 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Art Vandelay?

I consulted with a Mr. Pennypacker and he says your ubiquitous response in insufferable and completely invalid.

2 hours ago, PastaJoe said:

Did he create a new type of food? One of the Kellogg brothers?

Yes, he did create something edible that was new, but not Kellogg's.

25 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I consulted with a Mr. Pennypacker and he says your ubiquitous response in insufferable and completely invalid.

Yes, he did create something edible that was new, but not Kellogg's.

I watched a documentary on of all things, candy... this was a few months ago. Is he one of the Mars brothers... and is it M&M's?

23 minutes ago, T&C said:

Who is about to be put to death?

image.png.4f58cb936b7d89d690b740708d59694f.png

Sacco? Too old to be someone like Hauptmann, so Sacco... if its Vanzetti, then I apologize as I'm not good with 50/50s.

ASIDE: My wife's distant Tennessee cousin was executed by electric chair in Georgia in 1929... his name was Homer Simpson... no joke.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

2 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Sacco? Too old to be someone like Hauptmann, so Sacco... if its Vanzetti, then I apologize as I'm not good with 50/50s

Sacco would be incorrect.

1 minute ago, T&C said:

Sacco would be incorrect.

I just don't know enough major figures in that timeframe that would have been executed that we'd know... Czolgosz was a GREAT first guess...

Ummm most of the hardcore gangsters were rubbed out in hits, so finding an early gangster is difficult...

Was the executed man from another country other than the USA?

5 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I just don't know enough major figures in that timeframe that would have been executed that we'd know... Czolgosz was a GREAT first guess...

Ummm most of the hardcore gangsters were rubbed out in hits, so finding an early gangster is difficult...

Was the executed man from another country other than the USA?

He was from another country. I read a book about him/this back in the late 60's, great book although I cannot remember the name of it. He committed a very famous crime.

52 minutes ago, T&C said:

He was from another country. I read a book about him/this back in the late 60's, great book although I cannot remember the name of it. He committed a very famous crime.

The only other one I can think of is Hauptmann, but the photo looks like it was taken in the 1910s.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

The only other one I can think of is Hauptmann, but the photo looks like it was taken in the 1910s.

Correct! This photo is from 1936 I believe. Kidnapping and killing the Lindberg's baby was called the crime of the century. If I can find the name of that book I will post it... would like to read it again myself too.

Edit: it was this book but it had a different cover back when. Not sure where these prices come from though lol.

https://www.amazon.com/Kidnap-Story-Lindbergh-George-Waller/dp/B0000CL9B7

Edited by T&C

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.