Silicon Valley Fascism--a thread

Big Blitz

Just think this needs it's own thread.  To me, most significant thing that's happened post November 2016.  How these people are actively working to suppress conservatives, Trump supporters, and the truth.  Not someone's 'my truth.'  Truth.  Their trends are rigged and fake.  And estimates of an entity like Google being able to change as many as 20 million votes.....yep, this is what's happening.  The liberal media as we know it circa 1964--2004 is no longer relevant.  We all know this.

What's happening with these social media platforms.....has to be exposed the same way conservatives exposed the MSM during the height of conservative radio.

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I agree. However, I also feel that these are private companies and they can essentially do what they want. I would not want the government to get involved. 

what’s surprising is that alternatives to big valley have not become more prominent. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, whatever are not complicated platforms.

Edited by dubs
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dubs said:

I agree. However, I also feel that these are private companies and they can essentially do what they want. I would not want the government to get involved. 

what’s surprising is that alternatives to big valley have not become more prominent. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, whatever are not complicated platforms.

I am surprised like you that alternatives haven't popped up to these vacuous platforms.  I think that can be at least partially attributed to the soft monopoly of critical mass.  It's not all that different from Cisco dominating networking in the 90s 00s for example or Microsoft back in the day.  

Would anti-trust laws apply when they are squeezing out competitors, but customers and ideas?  I don't know.  I do know two things:

It is unhealthy for society and the human condition.

If these arrogant morons get their way, millions upon millions will be made subservient and destitute.  The purveyors of this doom will not look inward but will blame others and exterminate them.  It's horrible to envision but a big yawn re-run of a previous theme in human history.

Why is the combination of humility, perspective, understanding of history, and objectivity so hard to achieve?

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I am surprised like you that alternatives haven't popped up to these vacuous platforms.  I think that can be at least partially attributed to the soft monopoly of critical mass.  It's not all that different from Cisco dominating networking in the 90s 00s for example or Microsoft back in the day.  

Would anti-trust laws apply when they are squeezing out competitors, but customers and ideas?  I don't know.  I do know two things:

If these arrogant morons get their way, millions upon millions will be made subservient and destitute.  The purveyors of this doom will not look inward but will blame others and exterminate them.  It's horrible to envision but a big yawn re-run of a previous theme in human history.

Why is the combination of humility, perspective, understanding of history, and objectivity so hard to achieve?

agreed. I’ve deleted all my social media accounts. The research on what social media has done to kids is horrifying. 

I am 100 percent convinced Facebook and Google and probably Twitter as well hold well over 80 percent of market share.  I'm also willing to bet that small start ups we never heard of immediately get bought out by them.  We all knew FB acquired Instagram.  How many far lesser known competitors have been bought out?  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/apple-facebook-and-google-have-lost-the-monopoly-argument/2019/06/05/2248ae34-8763-11e9-9d73-e2ba6bbf1b9b_story.html

1 hour ago, dubs said:

They may be private companies but they hold a monopoly of buying, selling, and trading my personal information

And they are implicitly sanctioned state monopolies. when a competitor pops up they use their massive financial resources to buy them out.  Potential competitors that do not sell out are squashed by limiting g access to market shhare.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/21/2019 at 12:58 PM, Big Blitz said:

Instagram is fact checking memes now. 

Because conservatives are funnier than liberals obviously...

The ultimate irony is that the fact checks are getting a lot more attention than the original meme itself.  Good job censors.

• Like (+1) 1

Just got “silenced” for a week by the ringer nba Facebook group so I left it 

Someone from Brazil posted a lengthy post about how the nba shouldn’t honor the military during timeouts and the US military is terrible and whatnot. 

The cali boys and woke crowd agrees with him and the military people and non cali boys told him to get lost. 

I recieved a week long ban for not complying with the agenda.      Disgusting ????

• Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Just got “silenced” for a week by the ringer nba Facebook group so I left it 

Someone from Brazil posted a lengthy post about how the nba shouldn’t honor the military during timeouts and the US military is terrible and whatnot. 

The cali boys and woke crowd agrees with him and the military people and non cali boys told him to get lost. 

I recieved a week long ban for not complying with the agenda.      Disgusting ????

You think that was disgusting?

Image may contain: one or more people

On 11/28/2019 at 9:36 AM, 4merper4mer said:

...excellent point....the downward spiral into the sewer is unconscionable.....EXACTLY the direction the Progressives want the "World's Bully" to go IMO............