2020 Thanksgiving Plans?

Just now, Bray Wyatt said:

I am traveling down to Tennessee this next week for Thanksgiving, anyone else got any plans?

My son turns 15 the day after Thanksgiving. For his birthday we got him VIP tickets to see a special viewing of "Christmas Vacation" with Chevy Chase on black Friday, featuring a Q&A and private meet-and-greet with Chase after the movie. He's gonna go crazy.

Just now, IDBillzFan said:

My son turns 15 the day after Thanksgiving. For his birthday we got him VIP tickets to see a special viewing of "Christmas Vacation" with Chevy Chase on black Friday, featuring a Q&A and private meet-and-greet with Chase after the movie. He's gonna go crazy.

I hope Chevy is as nice and funny in person as he is on screen

What route do you take to Gates. Do you go over the river or through the woods?

Definitely over the river, but I go around the woods :lol:

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

anything planned to ask Chevy?

Going to this with my old man December 17th in Syracuse - enjoy it!

I hope Chevy is as nice and funny in person as he is on screen

He's got a reputation for being a bit eccentric, but it doesn't matter. That's the first Christmas movie we watch to start the season and  watching it with Chevy Chase in a small theater is going to be amazing to us.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I am sorry to hear that, RIP

losing one is a tragedy, lost the other two months later and i started to think i was getting careless

they had a great long life, and taught me a lot of great things....

• Like (+1) 1

He's got a reputation for being a bit eccentric, but it doesn't matter. That's the first Christmas movie we watch to start the season and  watching it with Chevy Chase in a small theater is going to be amazing to us.

i expect celebs to react to the same degree as they are treated when talked to

my 12 or so strolls over to tell them that their work meant a lot to me, and best wishes, has never been rudely met, a few even had a brief chat with me

1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

Fantastic

Now back to your turkey cooking, is that how you do it? Have you done a deep fried one?

5 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Do you get along with your in-laws? I live on the east side myself, and normally would head out to Gates where my grandma lives

Pretty well but life is not always perfect.  I get down a little this time of year as key relatives and friends are no longer living.  Most of them died too young.  

Just now, RochesterRob said:

Pretty well but life is not always perfect.  I get down a little this time of year as key relatives and friends are no longer living.  Most of them died too young.  

Holidays can be rough for that reason, it does make you appreciate who is there with you though

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

your Thanksgiving is too close to Christmas.....  :(

I could go once in October like you guys and once in November like we do.  Fewer people today eat the traditional Thanksgiving dinner but I absolutely love it.  Already thinking about turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, butternut squash, apple sauce, rolls, pie, etc..

• Like (+1) 1

Fantastic

Now back to your turkey cooking, is that how you do it? Have you done a deep fried one?

I've never done it deep-fried. I try not to invest in cooking devices that have a single purpose, and I'm not industrious enough to create my own fryer.

We used to put it on the Traeger, but no matter what you do, the skin turns to rubber. 

We typically spatchcock now. It's not too hard to remove the spine. I usually get my liberal brother-in-law to do it because he knows a lot about not having a spine. 

We do a couple of different stuffings,  but make enough to pipe it in under the skin, which helps keep the meat moist. We do another in a pan that has homemade sage sausage, mushrooms, breading and pine nuts, then we fill a cheese grater with extra pine nights and grate them over the stuffing. It creates a cool dusting that crunches up. Frankly, I'm good just eating the stuffing.

Just now, RochesterRob said:

I could go once in October like you guys and once in November like we do.  Fewer people today eat the traditional Thanksgiving dinner but I absolutely love it.  Already thinking about turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, butternut squash, apple sauce, rolls, pie, etc..

waddle to the table for Christmas...  :D

good to see the same bill of fare in both countries!!

Just now, row_33 said:

Canada's is an early Monday in October

get the balance right

Yeah you tried overtakin our Columbus day lol

3 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Yessss my thoughts exactly, day off, great food and football.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Both of my parents are gone. My mother died when I was 11, but my father lived to 92 in spite of being a douchebag. All grandparents are gone.  My mother-in-law lives in Egypt and my father-in-law lives in Germany. My brothers and sisters are all on the east coast.  So we're usually alone for the holidays, but we don't mind. 

24 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

"witch hunt"

This time they've really got Trump.  Impeach!

13 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Be warned: Chevy Chase is renown for being an inveterate #######.  Worse than me.  Maybe your experience will be different, but you're well-advised to have low expectations, and Epstein didn't kill himself.

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Be warned: Chevy Chase is renown for being an inveterate #######.  Worse than me.  Maybe your experience will be different, but you're well-advised to have low expectations, and Epstein didn't kill himself.

oh yeah, but who else sat through those sad roasts like he did?

if you approach with an insult, look out...

Just now, DC Tom said:

He just needs to be nice enough for the photo. Since there are just three of us, we like doing VIP events with something or someone we like, and virtually every time there isn't enough one-on-one interaction for anyone to !@#$ up.