Can't help but be excited by the room for improvement on D

BillsBlue

It's pretty wild how good our defense is even with there being obvious room for upgrades or development of talent at some Marquee positions. I'll start with Jerry, I'm a huge Jerry Hughes fan but was has happened with him this year in your opinion?? He was far and away the best d lineman on the squad the last handful of years and this year he's invisible. It seems like he lost a large step to me and that his speed was his biggest asset at getting around tackles. On the plus side Shaq has looked pretty good this year and is trending up and I'd say he's going to be above average from here on out and also this shows that when we do get an elite edge defender to pair with Shaq we will be a very scary defense not that we aren't a very good defense now but we could move into the possible Ravens early 2000 level of d. 

With room for improvement at corner #2 and at d tackle from Oliver and the Phillips brothers and hopefully a replacement for star as well as a replacement for the aging Zo it's wild to think that this defense will grow and become even better. 

Go Bills!!!!!! 6 and 2 feels good folks!! 

Edited by BillsBlue

We have a lot of money wrapped up in our d-line and I don't think we are getting the appropriate return on investment. Although Jerry isn't getting results, he is not alone We need more sacks, more QB pressures and more TFL than we are currently seeing, week in/week out.

Edited by DRA3196
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

So can we talk about Josh's passINg yards?

Ikr lmao I mean we can haha he's been doing what's asked of him and hasn't been throwing picks so I'm happy with his progression ?

26 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I like your thread better. Much more half glass full! ?

Thanks brother amazing what a win does for optimism especially being that I was at the eagles game haha

33 minutes ago, DRA3196 said:

We have a lot of money wrapped up in our d-line and I don't think we are getting the appropriate return on investment. Although Jerry isn't getting results, he is not alone We need more sacks, more QB pressures and more TFL than we are currently seeing, week in/week out.

Luckily all we need is a nice edge and a nice dt we can make that happen. This next season is when Beane plugs all the gaps and we contend as well as take the division 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Haven't you heard? He's making 14 million.

Lol on a real note we made out over the years of awesome play we received from him on a very team friendly deal all in all year in year out

39 minutes ago, DRA3196 said:

We need to replace Hughes with an elite player be it draft or fa this off-season and we need Oliver to get up to speed and Shaq to be resigned he's playing better and better and looks to be above average as is. Add in an above average talent to replace zo and we should be set. Same with the offense we get a stud wr and another good rb as well as a stud tackle and guard and we're all set for contention and stealing the division next season imo

• Like (+1) 1