Way OT, But need advice

NCDAWG

your wife needs to grow a set of balls and set her stright ,not you. then head over to your mother in laws house and start  moving things around when she ask what you are doing tell her you want her to know that if she thinks she can do this at your house you can do the same at her house . then tell her the rules of what you want and let her know that if she cann't live with them she need not come over any more .

300423[/snapback]

I like that moving her furniture around....I might try that. Being a big fella I can do it pretty throughly.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They dont speak....she blames him for all the bad stuff in her life, and of course I remind her of him, so I just suck all the way around.

So you MIL needs all three of the things I mentioned. She's got deep-seated psych problems. Probably best to suggest seeing a shrink and/or keeping her out of your life.

Next time she visits, take her hands in yours, look directly into her eyes and tell her you apologize to her from the bottom of your soul that you were ever born. Don't let go of her gaze or her hands until she says something.

Then deck her.

How many of you guys have an out of control mother in law?  I have been married to my wife for 11 years.  4 of those she didn't speak to us.  She is the type of woman that comes over the house and re-arranges your furniture.  She despises me because I stand up to her...I'm not Rambo with her, just tell her how I feel.  I have the total support of my wife, but it is coming to a point of no return.  We have family functions and she makes all others (my family, my wifes dad and his family) totally uncomfortable.  I have tried to put a good face on it, but alas.  She still sees me as the man who "stole" her daughter away.  Would like some input, thoughts, or stories...just to know I'm not alone. Thanks and Ron Mexico rules.

300391[/snapback]

Sounds like my mother.

Bottom line: there's only so much you can do (i.e. virtually nothing) to change a person, but that doesn't mean you have to allow them into your life. Ultimately, the only thing I've ever found that works in these situations is distance.

How many of you guys have an out of control mother in law?  I have been married to my wife for 11 years.  4 of those she didn't speak to us.  She is the type of woman that comes over the house and re-arranges your furniture.  She despises me because I stand up to her...I'm not Rambo with her, just tell her how I feel.  I have the total support of my wife, but it is coming to a point of no return.  We have family functions and she makes all others (my family, my wifes dad and his family) totally uncomfortable.  I have tried to put a good face on it, but alas.  She still sees me as the man who "stole" her daughter away.  Would like some input, thoughts, or stories...just to know I'm not alone. Thanks and Ron Mexico rules.

300391[/snapback]

Is it possible to only see her at her own house?

Don't invite her to family functions.

My step-mother was like this. If you gave her the moon it was not the stars. I took my dad aside after a few years of this, and told him that until she changed she was NOT allowed in my house, PERIOD! He was welcome any time, but if he showed up with her I would not answer the door. Life went on without them.

It took two years, but finally she was at least able to show up, be quiet, and fill her book of memories with all the sh------- food we served, our poor taste in furniture, how we went out of our way to make her feel slighted, terrible child rearing techniques.... ad freaking nauseum. But she did it with her mouth shut and pretended to have a good time.

She died lonely and alone several years ago. You reap what you sew.

Next time she visits, take her hands in yours, look directly into her eyes and tell her you apologize to her from the bottom of your soul that you were ever born. Don't let go of her gaze or her hands until she says something.

Then deck her.

300515[/snapback]

I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. Thanks, man. :D

hit on her! really freak her out! is she hot?(be careful how you answer that, she could be a spitting image of your wife 30 years from now!!)

seriously dude, i feel your pain.....my inlaws are a PI(t)A as well, we are out of communication with them now, going on 2 years and it has been nice.

300391[/snapback]

hit on her!  really freak her out!  is she hot?(be careful how you answer that, she could be a spitting image of your wife 30 years from now!!)

seriously dude, i feel your pain.....my inlaws are a PI(t)A as well, we are out of communication with them now, going on 2 years and it has been nice.

300637[/snapback]

She is a wrinkely old 60 years old. Smokes about 3 packs a day. Caught her a couple of months ago teaching my 7 year old to put out cigs. Unreal.

Well part of the reason we moved to NC was to get away from her! I sat my wife down and showed her all of these posts and she said "oh my". She has now formulated a letter that basically says we are happy and healthy and if you don't want to be apart of that in a constructive way then piss off. Now that being said I have already had to call the cops on her for nearly assulting my wife in my house. This happened 12 years ago. I can't do anything physical because of my size and no officer would believe me. The response should be immediate as wifey is sending it email. :D

Pray for the Lung Cancer Fairy to pay her a visit.  In the meantime, be a man and STOP seeing her.  Your FIL is either dead or henpecked.  Am I right?

300642[/snapback]

FIL is divorced and wants no part of it. I am a man, but I feel that my wife should be the one to sever the ties...I don't want her having any regrets, that I made her do this or that. My MIL know exactly how i feel, I have told her on more than one occasion. But me standing up to her is not the same as one of her own kids doing it. No one stands up to her...they all fear her.

FIL is divorced and wants no part of it.  I am a man, but I feel that my wife should be the one to sever the ties...I don't want her having any regrets, that I made her do this or that.  My MIL know exactly how i feel, I have told her on more than one occasion.  But me standing up to her is not the same as one of her own kids doing it. No one stands up to her...they all fear her.

Doesn't matter. Who do you think your MIL will think put your wife, her daughter that you "stole" and corrupted (I'm projecting), up to it? You don't need a lousy influence life her in your daughter's life, and the cigarette thing is scary.

Sounds bad. I had a meddling MIL and FIL. The FIL was worse, came over every day and started trying to run my house. Finally one day, I had enough, and I physically threw him off my property and told him to never return.

We didn't speak for nearly a year, my wife almost divorced me over it but everything is OK now. My house is my house and nobody interfere's with my business in my house. It worked for me, but was very tramatic in getting from point A to point B.

My wife was pissed that I physically threw him off the property but she understood why it came to a head like that.

You have to decide if that is what you want to do. Actually my confrontation just spontaneously happened from years of putting up with his sh--.

Doesn't matter.  Who do you think your MIL will think put your wife, her daughter that you "stole" and corrupted (I'm projecting), up to it?  You don't need a lousy influence life her in your daughter's life, and the cigarette thing is scary.

300659[/snapback]

Good point, if letter doen't work than I have no problem with telling her how it is