XFL Draft Results

Mark Vader

10 hours ago, BigDingus said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/vereen-turns-down-xfl-opportunity-says-salary-too-low/ar-AAJitm0?li=BBnb7Kz

According to Vereen, the base salary was $27,040 with per game bonuses of $1,685 and weekly win bonuses of $2,222.

Even I'd reject that salary...that's rough. 

Edit: See someone already posted. Move along :)

IDK, yeah that's not NFL pay but it's more than college was paying and they were ok with that. They work what, 20, 25, 30 hours a week, if you want to call that working.

Still not a bad gig.

4 hours ago, pop gun said:

IDK, yeah that's not NFL pay but it's more than college was paying and they were ok with that. They work what, 20, 25, 30 hours a week, if you want to call that working.

Still not a bad gig.

Not really - College Tuition & Room and Board is $40,000 a year or more for many of the schools.  

Yes - in the XFL they get the money, but if you get a real diploma and you come out - they can make more right after graduation than in the XFL.

For the danger to the body and the potential of injury- the pay is pretty bad.  The base pay equates to about $13.50/ hour if they put in just 40 hours.   

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Wreck your body for minimum wage? Sounds smart to pass that deal up.

it's what guys did back in the day and had the jobs in the off season. he could use it as a chance to get a look at the nfl or call it a career. 

9 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

So would rather have nothing ... Got it , moron.

You didnt read the story. He works as a Software Developer and makes way more than the $27k-$55k he would in the XFL.

Heck, I've always joked that playing a sport for a living would be the dream, but I'd lose my house and family at that salary too.

Sorry XFL, DrDawkinstein rejects your offer as well!

I still can't believe Donnel Pumphrey didn't make it in the NFL... I think he has the career rushing record for FBS

Also noticed Cyril Richardson was drafted.

There is some talent in the XFL.. much more than AAF

Edited by warrior9