Trump's Tax Returns Subpoenaed by Manhattan DA Cyrus Vance Jr.

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

After all, you've got no reasons that you've come up with as to why he won't release them other than the brilliant "Why should he"?

Which is the appropriate response. You are the one that wants them released, which puts the burden on you to provide some sort of justification other than the less than brilliant, "it might show something I want it to show."

7 minutes ago, Kemp said:

After all, you've got no reasons that you've come up with as to why he won't release them other than the brilliant "Why should he"?

On 7/11/2020 at 4:20 PM, Kemp said:

I want to see what he is hiding. You didn’t understand  that, yet?

LOL.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You're the man with experience as a law enforcement agent, I'm just a guy on the street reacting to what has been suggested my Mr. Kemp.

Can't we already assume that Mr. Kemp's failure to publish his returns voluntarily is, indeed*, substantial evidence of wrongdoing?  

*I added the "indeed" for effect. @Koko78tells me that when you add it to your repertoire, your summation gets suspersized and is nearly bulletproof. 

"Indeed" also helps a person find a job. It's like a floor wax and a dessert topping.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Of course.

What is the bar for a grand jury subpoena? I imagine it's higher than suspicion but as a layperson am unsure. 

Maybe one of the attorneys on the forum can weigh in; however, I don't believe there even needs to be any level of probable cause to issue a grand jury subpoena. It still means nothing to me until I see an indictment and the evidence presented at trial.

I actually don't have any problem with his returns being disclosed to a grand jury. The House request is a different story.

9 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Which is the appropriate response. You are the one that wants them released, which puts the burden on you to provide some sort of justification other than the less than brilliant, "it might show something I want it to show."

Actually buried amongst his numerous bs posts he claimed that he wanted Trump's returns exposed so that Trump might get removed from office and make @Kemp feel better. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

Actually buried amongst his numerous bs posts he claimed that he wanted Trump's returns exposed so that Trump might get removed from office and make @Kemp feel better. 

Well, in that case.....

Still....No.

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Maybe one of the attorneys on the forum can weigh in; however, I don't believe there even needs to be any level of probable cause to issue a grand jury subpoena. It still means nothing to me until I see an indictment and the evidence presented at trial.

I actually don't have any problem with his returns being disclosed to a grand jury. The House request is a different story.

I look at a grand jury as a glorified fishing expedition that serves the purpose of letting the DA, who is an elected official off the hook for any indictments that might not be popular. It also serves a legitimate purpose but skirts around some of the rules we have to protect a possible defendant. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I look at a grand jury as a glorified fishing expedition that serves the purpose of letting the DA, who is an elected official off the hook for any indictments that might not be popular. It also serves a legitimate purpose but skirts around some of the rules we have to protect a possible defendant. 

Yep. There may be evidence that Trump committed some crime, there may not be. Doesn't mean anything at all at this point.

I hope it doesn't happen; however, if the grand jury does get Trump's tax returns, I wouldn't be surprised to see them "leaked."

8 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

My wife sat on a GJ for 6 months a while ago and in her own words, loved every minute of it. While she wasn't the foreman, or the backup, she was usually the one to get up and question the DA about the evidence, and sometimes, about the Constitutionality of how it was acquired. While no cases she reviewed were stopped from proceeding to trial, she did in fact have some evidence disallowed. 

When it was all over, the DA told her she had been a breath of fresh air because too often, the GJ was just a rubber stamp. There were even times when they presented their case to them that they just turned to her then and asked if she had any questions.

For her, it was an excellent chance for her to see the justice system from the inside and she would do it again in a second! If we were younger, I suspect I would now be paying her way through law school... ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Winston Zeddemore said:

Mueller had access to them -- did nothing. 

The FBI had access to them during three CI investigations -- did nothing. 

The USIC had access to them during their own vetting -- did nothing. 

If the taxes showed anything illegal, even a misplaced comma, any number of those federal agencies and investigations would have made it front page news. But they didn't. Why? Because there's nothing there. It's not a coincidence that the same posters who fell for the Russia hoax are pining for these. They are unmitigated morons. They've proved it with their posting history for years on here. 

Ignore 'em.

My husband is actually under audit. He'll gladly release his returns when the audit has finished. 

32 minutes ago, Winston Zeddemore said:

If the taxes showed anything illegal, even a misplaced comma, any number of those federal agencies and investigations would have made it front page news. But they didn't. Why? Because there's nothing there. It's not a coincidence that the same posters who fell for the Russia hoax are pining for these. They are unmitigated morons. They've proved it with their posting history for years on here. 

Ignore 'em.

Yeah, but what do those guys know? Idiots like @Kemp are going to find the proof of collusion!

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

Trump is the one who has stated that he loves the poorly educated. The stats show quite clearly that that is the strongest part of his base. Coincidence?

Thanks for your read on me. 

Long-winded without addressing why he is terrified of releasing his tax returns. I'm getting pretty used to the non-responsiveness to all of this by Trump supporters.

Indeed.*

1 hour ago, billsfan1959 said:

I don't understand why Mr. Kemp doesn't understand this. Personally, I'd have loved to see Barrack Obama release his college records.  If there was nothing to hide, he would have.  Or, not.  But maybe.

Mr. Kemp wants everyone else to do his heavy lifting. That is an unreasonable request imo.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Winston Zeddemore said:

Ignore 'em.

hey DR (the guy who likes to call people dishonest and accuse people of making multiple accounts)

will you admit you are in fact DR (and thus a liar and hypocrite).  Or are you going to keep being a cowardly asshat and ignore this

2 minutes ago, Winston Zeddemore said:

What's hilarious is that what got your panties in a bunch is calling you out for lying about DR having a disability. It made you lose your mind :lol: I love it. 

Keep pushing deflection while you run from your lies. 

answer the question.  Are you DR?

Just now, Winston Zeddemore said:

Post where DR said he had a disability ... or keep deflecting. Watching you lose your mind is a source of never ending amusement for me. :lol: 

lol coward!!!!!  Dishonest DR back at it :)

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Winston Zeddemore said:

I'm not the one who made a claim -- then refused to prove it -- then spent a day foaming at the mouth trying to deflect from being called out for what you are: a liar. And a very small brained individual. 

foaming at the mouth lol.  I just call you out on your hypocrisy when i see you post.  

Watching you go from a good poster years ago to a paranoid conspiracy theorist has been interesting to say the least.  

48 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

If you had anything going on upstairs you wouldn't have to ask that question. 

I just received an email today letting me know an award I’ll be receiving for my practice.  I can’t imagine how successful I’d be if I had anything going on upstairs.  

1 minute ago, Crayola64 said:

I just received an email today letting me know an award I’ll be receiving for my practice.  I can’t imagine how successful I’d be if I had anything going on upstairs.  

participation-certificate-3.gif

6-67274_collection-of-high-quality-free-

• Haha (+1) 1