What have the Democrats done in the past Four years

B-Man

JOHN STOSSEL: When Government Programs Do More Harm Than Good.

I’m a stutterer. Stuttering is now among disabilities covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act.

I wonder, had the ADA been law when I started in TV news, would I have struggled as hard to overcome my stutter? Would I have had the career I’ve had? Probably not.

The TV station wouldn’t have hired me. Once the ADA passed, my stutter makes me a member of a “protected class.” The station, reasonably, would have viewed me as potential poison.

That’s because if they fired me because I didn’t work out, I might sue. I could have accused them of failing to “accommodate the disabled,” as the law requires. Even if I didn’t win, the lawsuit would be expensive. It’s safer for employers to avoid members of “protected classes.”

Far-fetched? Look at the stats:

Before the ADA passed, 59 percent of disabled men had jobs. After it passed, the number fell to 48 percent. Today, fewer than 30 percent have jobs.

Once again, a law that was supposed to help people did the opposite of what politicians intended.

Dependency is a feature not a bug.

Wall Street Journal: 'No one should ever believe another word' from Schiff

Washington Examiner, by Mike Brest

Original Article

The Wall Street Journal editorial board urged the media and the public to never again trust House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff because of his repeated claims over the years that there was evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia. The editorial, which was published on Tuesday, reacted to the House Intelligence Committee releasing dozens of witness interview transcripts and related material regarding its investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election. "Schiff spread falsehoods shamelessly about Russia and Donald Trump for three years even as his own committee gathered contrary evidence," it wrote.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/11/2020 at 6:37 PM, Albwan said:

Ya know what it takes to ask the govt for money for fail run states?

qVjgnYX.jpg

Kind of like Kentucky, which benefits from welfare provided by, among other places, my tax dollars from New York State. 

15 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Kind of like Kentucky, which benefits from welfare provided by, among other places, my tax dollars from New York State. 

You should talk to Benito Cuomo about that one. I am sure he cares.

The cars are clearly no threat at all...............this is simply the latest example of the Left's anti-Christian actions.

Alderman: Mayor’s Office Bans Parking On Ravenswood Streets Near Church That Plans To Hold Sunday Services

CBS2-TV (Chicago), by Staff

Original Article

People heading to Philadelphia Romanian Church in Ravenswood on Sunday might have a hard time finding a parking spot.

(Snip)

The church’s pastor, the Rev. Florin T. Cimpean, took aim at Mayor Lori Lightfoot in response to the parking ban. “The police called me to inform us that they were asked by the mayor to put up the signs. It is completely ridiculous,” Cimpean said in the statement. “The mayor is inciting hate against the church which is very sad. A lot of our members risked their lives to escape Communism, only to find it germinating in 2020 under mayor Lightfoot in Chicago.”

Reminder to the Left.

Thumbnail
  •  

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

The cars are clearly no threat at all...............this is simply the latest example of the Left's anti-Christian actions.

Alderman: Mayor’s Office Bans Parking On Ravenswood Streets Near Church That Plans To Hold Sunday Services

CBS2-TV (Chicago), by Staff

Original Article

People heading to Philadelphia Romanian Church in Ravenswood on Sunday might have a hard time finding a parking spot.

(Snip)

The church’s pastor, the Rev. Florin T. Cimpean, took aim at Mayor Lori Lightfoot in response to the parking ban. “The police called me to inform us that they were asked by the mayor to put up the signs. It is completely ridiculous,” Cimpean said in the statement. “The mayor is inciting hate against the church which is very sad. A lot of our members risked their lives to escape Communism, only to find it germinating in 2020 under mayor Lightfoot in Chicago.”

To be fair, the good mayor may not want her motorcade to have to deal with the traffic on her way to violate her own rules to get her hair and nails done.

2 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

To be fair, the good mayor may not want her motorcade to have to deal with the traffic on her way to violate her own rules to get her hair and nails done.

Nope.

Sorry Koko..............no joking around with this.

Religion, in particular Christians and their beliefs, are under attack.

19 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Nope.

Sorry Koko..............no joking around with this.

Religion, in particular Christians and their beliefs, are under attack.

This, to me, is more of a control issue than an actual attack on Christianity.

• Thank you (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

This, to me, is more of a control issue than an actual attack on Christianity.

I understand what you are (correctly) saying, about control.

But, please note where they have chosen to do this.

It was specifically aimed at a church.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I understand what you are (correctly) saying, about control.

But, please note where they have chosen to do this.

It was specifically aimed at a church.

I have my doubts that the mayor woke up one day and said, "I'm going to ***** over Christians!"

What other group exists right now to make an example out of than those trying to go to church? There's nothing else to congregate for at the moment. She can't go after sports fans or bar goers with no sports or bars.

Is it an ancillary attack on their religion? Sure, no question. I just don't think the primary intent was to torture Christians just for being Christian. It's about setting an example to control the masses, not solely to go after those going to mass. Christians are an  "acceptable" target for liberals, because everyone on the left is terrified of being labeled an Islamophobe or (to a lesser extent with the left) an anti-Semite. No one bats an eyelash when it's a Christian church that is singled out to be the example to cow the others into submission.

I will say this: Shame on those cops for following her directive and trying to enforce a clearly illegal order.

• Thank you (+1) 1