Trump: Jews Are Disloyal

18 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

Then that's what the tittle should be, not all Jews are disloyal

agreed..good point. But do you think Jews that vote Democratic are disloyal?

16 minutes ago, GG said:

Because those are not well worn tropes. 

You can certainly imply a racist meaning to them, but it's not something that's been used for years, decades and centuries, like Omar's comments.  

on that we will again strongly disagree.." go back where you came from" as been viewed as racist for decades, if not centuries

13 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Correct maybe you can change the title for him ?     That’s not what it says.  

This title is another racist boogeyman.   

as said above, good point and i agree

Edited by plenzmd1

14 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I was told by an infinite amount of posters on here that " go back to where you came from" was not inherently racist as Trump never mentioned race..and just cause most of the free world associated that phrase , or trope as you may, as racist..it did not matter the exact words did not mention race.

So just to be clear, when Trump uses words like "invasion" "breeding" "infestation" and "go back where you came from" those are not racist sayings because they don't mention race specifically,...but when someone outside of Trump uses phrases and words consistently viewed as racist, they need to be held accountable and are in fact racist or anti semitic.

Got it!!!

Wait, hold on just a moment. 

"Just because most of the free world associated that phrase...as racist"?.

Where did you come up with that statistic?  I'd bet you "most of the free world" was not aware of what was said, what the subject matter was, or the context in which it was said. You're projecting here, especially given the fact that the typical Trump supporter (60+ million strong) likely disagrees with you. Now if by most of the free world you mean dems/libs/trump haters, that's a diff story, but they stand to gain politically and financially by feeling that way. 

Contrast that with her comments about Allah and Israel and it's not even close. I don't think people of any persuasion would perceive her comments as a call to action for the average Israel to vote their leaders from office as a form of peaceful protest. And I think you'd agree with me if you weren't digging in here. 

6 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

agreed..good point. But do you think Jews that vote Democratic are disloyal?

on that we will again strongly disagree.." go back where you came from" as been viewed as racist for decades, if not centuries

What? Please don't redefine racism to include every slight and insult.  

30 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Its her God....and she feels Israel the country does evil things against her country and her people..and that is anti Semitic how ???

Beside the fact i cannot believe all the folks anti identity politics here are okay with it when Trump tells everyone how they should feel/vote based on their race/religion..no outcry from anyone on that?

Look, I am fully aware that not every practitioner of Islam wants to see Israel eradicated.  There are moderates, centrists and extremists in every religion. 

The point is the perception of racism/anti-Semitism.  I'll repeat, invoking the name of Allah with respect to Isreal, and the call for "awakening the people" is what it is. I don't make the rules, it just is what it is. Referencing benjamins and the Jewish people is as well. 

But yes, I could be wrong. Maybe she meant Benjamin Netanyahu and Ben Shapiro. Maybe she has a crush on them. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Wait, hold on just a moment. 

"Just because most of the free world associated that phrase...as racist"?.

Where did you come up with that statistic?  I'd bet you "most of the free world" was not aware of what was said, what the subject matter was, or the context in which it was said. You're projecting here, especially given the fact that the typical Trump supporter (60+ million strong) likely disagrees with you. Now if by most of the free world you mean dems/libs/trump haters, that's a diff story, but they stand to gain politically and financially by feeling that way. 

Contrast that with her comments about Allah and Israel and it's not even close. I don't think people of any persuasion would perceive her comments as a call to action for the average Israel to vote their leaders from office as a form of peaceful protest. And I think you'd agree with me if you weren't digging in here. 

I am digging in to the fact that Trump supporters want things one way when Trump says them, and another when a Dem/Non Trump supporter says them. That phrase has long been deemed offensive.Or I could argue where is eveidence that "all for the Benjamins" when discussing a US politicains motivation is anti-semtic? Or, i could argue the fact that how in the world is her saying  a US politician was doing something for money in contrast to what you said in the boded?

BTW, I thank you for the compliment in the italicized?

Edited by plenzmd1

5 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I am digging in to the fact that Trump supporters want things one way when Trump says them, and another when a Dem/Non Trump supporter says them. That phrase has long been deemed offensive.Or I could argue where is eveidence that "all for the Benjamins" when discussing a US politicains motivation is anti-semtic? Or, i could argue the fact that how in the world is her saying  a US politician was doing something for money in contrast to what you said in the boded?

BTW, I thank you for the compliment in the italicized?

Yeah I have no idea how I used italics on that v what I meant to. Let's go with I was complimenting you! 

You also moved the goal posts Plenz.  I agree that some would find what Trump said offensive.  That's different than "racist".  When Obama insulted middle America with his "angry folks clinging to guns and religion', I thought it insensitive and racially charged. Divisive and hurtful.  When he said "you you you didn't build that, someone else did" I found it offensive (and simpleminded)  but not racially charged. 

We apparently cannot agree on the anti-Semitic nature of the Congresswoman. I don't see it as even close. 

Therefore, I take back my compliment and think you are a stupidhead. 

10 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Yeah I have no idea how I used italics on that v what I meant to. Let's go with I was complimenting you! 

You also moved the goal posts Plenz.  I agree that some would find what Trump said offensive.  That's different than "racist".  When Obama insulted middle America with his "angry folks clinging to guns and religion', I thought it insensitive and racially charged. Divisive and hurtful.  When he said "you you you didn't build that, someone else did" I found it offensive (and simpleminded)  but not racially charged. 

We apparently cannot agree on the anti-Semitic nature of the Congresswoman. I don't see it as even close. 

Therefore, I take back my compliment and think you are a stupidhead. 

I agree the Benjamin comment was anti-Semitic..no doubt , 100% agreed. But I think you would  have a good chuckle and understand my point if we went back in the thread when the "go back to where you came from" brouhaha was located..and it was stated over and over again "forget what some people may take it as, one must take the words literally and that  it in and of itself was not  racist statement. Employing that same standard ,hers  in and of itself it was not  an anti Semitic statement.

I guess our real disagreement is in the phrases "notoriety" as racist/bigoted statements. Old argument i know..kinda liket is it bigoted to say an African American is articulate/educated/smart etc.

and in terms of the stupidhead comment..., I italicized this in your original post

typical Trump supporter (60+ million strong) likely disagrees with you

and that I took as a compliment!!!!?

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bilzfancy said:

Then that's what the tittle should be, not all Jews are disloyal

...true.....but.....going back, Obama was a strong ally/supporter of Israel, right (COUGH)?......and why did they let him get away with it?.......blind loyalty to Dems?......and despite it, look at the line up of Schumer, Schiff, Nadless, Feinstein, etc ignore the prolonged slap in the face to their heritage, preferring to solely focus on the "people's business (COUGH)" of attacking Trump, adding to the foment and vitriol nationwide...."shalom my tuchus"......FULL DISCLOSURE; the Jewish contingent in my extended family taught me the "good stuff".....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 3