Deon Lacey and Daryl Johnson

eball

24 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I don't see Johnson being waived, he isnt exactly where you want him in terms of weight, but that was known before you took him.  He reminds me of Manny Lawson a bit.  That's pretty big for late round guy.  I would expect Yarborough to be released and them to keep Johnson on the roster as a back up to zo/de.  He could fill what Zo does in the box, but there's no substitute for experience as a LB, so that's asking a lot.  Also, I find it hard to believe Joseph will be let go, his colege career was very productive, he seems to be translating it well to the pros, with Milano's success, I cant imagine them ditching him after investing a pick in him and seeing good on field production.

Johnson does remind me of Manny Lawson. I see the similarities. Lawson was more twitchy early in his career. Johnson looks Like a gem who will of course benefit from experience. The Bills are going to need time with Joseph. Some of his skills and coherence should develop further with experience and coaching. From what I understand, Florida's scheme allowed their LB's the autonomy to roam and create plays. This may lend itself to some of Joseph's discipline problems.

Edited by Rocket94
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....yet ANOTHER late round find....McBeane & company have been masterful striking late gold IMO......

I see where just a month ago, scouts have Johnson pegged as a developmental player. Well, that was a month ago. If he keeps showing moves like this, the only place that he will be "developing" is on the field on Sundays.