GDT: Bills at Panthers 7PM

Nextmanup

1 minute ago, Ralonzo said:

What I liked about the goal line (and most of the first few drives) was Feliciano was mauling people 5 yards down the field on a regular basis.

I would love to see what Morse can do in there, but if it comes down to it, that was damn impressive from the C slot as opposed to, oh, let's say Bodine.

The Shady TD was a ridiculous hole for a goal line right up the gut run. DImarco's was excellent and the Panthers gave up, but still.

• Like (+1) 1

These guys are reminding me of why I never listen to announcers. They just say stuff, like it’s radio! THAT is not what happened! 

1 minute ago, Ralonzo said:

ZohoIXFx_400x400.jpeg

No, that looks more like me. You need the Gilligan hat! 

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

These guys are reminding me of why I never listen to announcers. They just say stuff, like it’s radio! THAT is not what happened! 

They were hugely entertaining in the sense that any positive thing the Panthers did was epic and Canton-worthy. I laughed a lot.

Get ready for the next few Panthers drives. It will remind you of Bills backup QB play since Todd Collins.

Edit: How about that wheel route by 40?

Edited by Ralonzo

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

They are transparent for sure! “I though there was a flag. Wishful thinking on my part.” Haha

Yeah they basically come out and say they're looking for something positive to spin several times. The best is the end when they give the player of the game to

Edited by Warcodered
removed spoiler

39 minutes ago, Augie said:

OK, just finished the 2nd drive. I’m going to look for my XL snot towel. FOR MY EYES! 

ALL comments are about a preseason game, but it’s not just Josh and Beasley (which is in fact HUGE!). But did Sweeney just make two more plays than we saw from a TE all last year? It sure FEELS that way! 

Sweeney did not look like a rookie. Very nice game for him.

I'm still very eager to see Dawson Knox play.

Just now, Mark Vader said:

Agreed, what’s Knox’s injury? When is he expected back? It’s odd that he didn’t have more production, but that was a strange combo of personnel and situation. He LOOKED like the real deal, on the few occasions you see in highlights.  

3 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I'm not a big Kroft fan, and while I was glad they signed him because we desperately needed TE help, I don't think he is an above average starter. That said, the combination of Kroft, Knox, Sweeney and Smith as a blocker has a lot of potential, and way better than the Ryan Nuefeld Syndrome guys we have been playing there for twenty years.

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Agreed, what’s Knox’s injury? When is he expected back? It’s odd that he didn’t have more production, but that was a strange combo of personnel and situation. He LOOKED like the real deal, on the few occasions you see in highlights.  

Hamstring. He will likely be back next week.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Hamstring pull. Sweeney looks like O'Leary and that's swell from a 7th rounder, but Knox could be a Greg Olsen-type.

3 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Hamstring pull. Sweeney looks like O'Leary and that's swell from a 7th rounder, but Knox could be a Greg Olsen-type.

Thanks. I’m not going to make any judgment on a couple plays, but Sweeney looked bigger and more fluid than O’Leary to me. I could be WAY off. And I loved O’Leary! 

2 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

I agree.

Sweeney is a more traditional Tight End, not thrilling, but an accurate receiver who will get you short-to-mid yardage gains, and he could become a solid player in the NFL.

Knox has far more potential and is a better athlete.

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

Thanks. I’m not going to make any judgment on a couple plays, but Sweeney looked bigger and more fluid than O’Leary to me. I could be WAY off. And I loved O’Leary! 

Maybe it's a lazy comparison, O'Leary wasn't the blocker and Sweeney's hands are more suspect. But they are both big slow white guys.

Edited by Ralonzo

7 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Maybe it's a lazy comparison, O'Leary wasn't the blocker and Sweeney's hands are more suspect. But they are both big slow white guys.

But Sweeney will NEVER be the grandson of Jack Nicklaus!