NFL Network game replay will be edited

Just a heads up for anyone looking forward to the replay of the game on NFL Network at 2:00a Saturday: they're going to cut out parts of the game in order to make it fit in the 3-hour window. If you want to watch every play in order to get a look at players, you'll be disappointed. This happens every preseason, unfortunately, as games tend to run long.

The game won’t “run long” for me. Because they blacked me out I will see ZERO of the advertising they collected. 

I get the game will be edited, and I’m fine with that, but I’m angry about being lied to on the channel guide, and I hope their advertisers are aware and as unhappy as I am. They AT LEAST needed some form of explanation. 

I’ll take a few deep breaths now......

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, billsherd said:

They will surely just take out the non playing time?

They usually cut out offensive series where not much happens. :( It'll go to commercial and come back and you'll realize it's 6 minutes later on the clock, for example.

Hopefully this is a false alarm and it won't happen this year, but it's happened consistently in years back as long as I can remember, unfortunately.

It's always incredibly frustrating because it's like they don't realize why people want to watch preseason football. It's largely to evaluate bubble players.

5 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

About that... (Thread coming soon)

I have had extraordinary problems with GP, even as a subscriber.

I’ve heard similar things from other people I’d like to read your experience with it as well.

• Like (+1) 2

Confirmed, this just happened. Went to commercial with 9:19 remaining in third, came back with 7:27 remaining. Completely skipped the Robert Foster catch/no-catch sequence.

I just started watching, so I'm not sure if this was the first instance or not.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the room where some random guy is deciding what to cut from the broadcast. "Oh, no one will notice if we leave THAT out."

You know what? I bet they even do this for games that run less than 3 hours, just so they can get more commercials in. Of course, they falsely advertise these broadcasts as full replays. Yet another branch on the NFL's despicable video/customer care tree.

Edited by The Bills Blog

3 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

About that... (Thread coming soon)

I have had extraordinary problems with GP, even as a subscriber.

Please! Spare us another mind numbing thread of your self aggrandizing arrogance. We’re not associated with the blogosphere by choice.