Bills Training Camp Day 2 - 7/26

16 hours ago, stony said:

Sounds like a cool gig.  I'd love to take a peak into Terry's cellar.

Mostly Cal cabs.  A few large format bottles of your usual suspects like Caymus.  Think there was a Far Niente.  

That's what I expect to hear. Popular, but ultra-high-end Napa stuff. Far Niente is no joke. 

Refreshing (and rare) when they delve into the old-world, given their disposable (by most reasonable standards) incomes and potential access to solid information (much better values and vintages and interesting wine-making available from Europe compared to the U.S., dollar-for-dollar). Took me some years to understand this. 

21 hours ago, Roch-A-Bill said:

A number of media types have commented on this. They have all also commented on the fact that Oliver's speed/athleticism game won't really come into play until the pads come on. And, that he is a rookie at his second practice of the pre-season...

No doubt. 

I was simply citing the source I'd heard, as inquired by a fellow poster. Personally, I don't think we can learn much about NFL line play from pad-less practices. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Hockenson can block like a lineman and has great hands. I dont expect Knox to be that kind of blocker but hopefully he catch like Gronk.

Hock doesn't have the athleticism that Knox has thought. 

27 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Probably, but all that really matters is production.  I wanted Hock but im all in on Knox and hope he can be a star.

Of course. And I did think Hock was the best tight end in the class. I just didn't think he was anywhere near a top 10 talent and in the deepest tight end draft in memory it made no sense to me to reach for him. Taking him at #8 was such a typical Detroit move. 

• Like (+1) 1