The carpool lane: Minimum 2 people required

What about pregnant women? (Or pregnant men, to be fair.) 

A buddy has a college age daughter who isn’t old enough to drink. She argues that if life begins at conception, she’ll be drinking sooner than they expected. 

19 hours ago, Greybeard said:

I think the driver has a point.  It does say people.  What if the guy in the back was on the way to his funeral?  You wouldn't want him to be late for his own funeral, would you?   Lastly, I guess the dead get no respect!

+1

Since when do cops actually know the law as written.  I'd actually like to read the law for HOV (Nevada's version)... Which I haven't.  I wonder if it's the usual BS what the cops are saying about a "seat."

Anyway... The concept of HOV getting priority is beyond me.  Bizzare.  You would think they would want to keep the low mpg per person vehicles moving first and not stopped in traffic.  Roads are funded around 20-25 mpg. People getting better fuel milage per person are actually creating a shortfall in infrastructure funding. They need to keep those vehicles stopped in traffic so they can burn more fuel, ie: more tax money to fix the roads. The way they are going now, no wonder roads & bridges turn to crap in a never ending cycle.  They are rewarding people for creating crappy roads. 

Also... You'd think they'd want to keep a dead body rolling in the heat.  Not idling on ice.  Yet, common sense and logic never really equate to the Big Brother State Law Enforcement Establishment hell bent on monitoring their HOV cameras while trying to grab revenue that coincidentally will never see the infrastructure kitty... That $$$$ money will be sucked into the law enforcement abyss.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

wait what?

Dixon woman drove car with kids in swimming pool on roof

Am I misinterpreting that (poorly written) headline?

Police said Tuesday at around 3 p.m. Yeager was pulled over by an officer after she was spotted driving an Audi Q5 on Route 2 west of Palmyra Road.

On top of her car was an inflatable swimming pool, police said, with her two daughters, aged 8 and 16, inside the swimming pool.

Yeager told police she had just driven to a friend’s house to inflate the pool, and the girls were sitting in it to hold it down on the drive back home, according to a Dixon Police report

Ahh  OK,  I see.  No water in it.  Everything is fine, move along  

I guess the machine that inflated the pool was not mobile?