Could our OL end up like this?

Adam

LT: Mike Williams

LG: Anderson

C: Ross Tucker

RG: Justin Bannan

RT: Chris Villareal

this would allow the versatile Teague to be a swing man, backing up at every position, and some tacle eligible plays...should really boost the running game too.

Doubtful as more than half the line would be learning new positions. There is reason to believe that any of these three would master their new role with only a few mistakes over the course of the season (and in an outlandishly positive world, one would look back and have played flawlessly) but there is not likely to be any way that all three would master the new positions.

To count to a plan which commits to all 3 suceeding like we want would likely doom us to one ending up being a failure and 2 of them suffering at least one critical mistake over the year.

It likely would be a small jump for some (MW has played tackle though on the other side) and a big jump for others (Bannan has never been a starter on O much less at G) but pulling off all of these tasks at the same time seems unlikely.

LT: Mike Williams

LG: Anderson

C: Ross Tucker

RG: Justin Bannan

RT: Chris Villareal

this would allow the versatile Teague to be a swing man, backing up at every position, and some tacle eligible plays...should really boost the running game too.

294586[/snapback]

Do what you want at center and with the left side. Please don't mess with the right side (if it ain't broke, don't fix it!)

it will be:

lt- teague (lord help us)

lg- anderson

c- tucker

rg- villarreal

rt- williams

bannan will be a backup. if the bills get shelton he will be the starting lt, but they don't seem to want him very bad. hopefully the bills will draft a left tackle, because i can't see us ever going anywhere with teague as a starter- at any position.

The Shelton deal will go down

Shelton

Anderson

Teague

Villereal

Williams

&Jason Peters as TE in short yardage

294608[/snapback]

I was with you until you put Peters in there. Peters will be a ST player & not see the field at all at TE as he attempts to learn the T position. I still don't get the board's love of a guy who is really nothing more than (potentially) the Mark Pike of the 21st century. He's not a good enough TE & he's too raw at OL-ST are his ticket to the 2005 roster. He'd have no chance of making the team without his special teams play.

A couple of offensive line scenarios from my perspective....

1. Shelton is obtained in a trade and Bass or Spencer are there when we pick...

LT Shelton

LG Anderson

OC Teague

RG Villarial

RT Williams

Backups - Gandy, Tucker, (Bass or Spencer), McFarland & (Peters or Bannan)

2. TD tells Arizona where to go and Bass or Spencer are there when we pick...

LT Teague

LG Anderson

OC Bass or Spencer

RG Villarial

RT Williams

Backups - Gandy, Tucker, McFarland, L. Smith & (Peters or Bannan)

If Bass or Spencer are gone in both scenarios, Ben Wilkerson or Jason Brown drafted in the 3rd round could be substituted.

it will be:

lt- teague (lord help us)

lg- anderson

c- tucker

rg- villarreal

rt- williams

bannan will be a backup.  if the bills get shelton he will be the starting lt, but they don't seem to want him very bad.  hopefully the bills will draft a left tackle, because i can't see us ever going anywhere with teague as a starter- at any position.

294606[/snapback]

For what it's worth, I agree with your prediction of the staring OL, but I dont think that Bannan will make the team.

Fina wa pretty decent at LT wasn't he?

refresh my memory :devil:

294758[/snapback]

Fina was a decent LT for a while.

He was also paid like a superstar, and was flat out awful for his last few seasons on the Bills. When he was cut, he was signed for a very short time with Arizona and promptly released, yet it cost the Bills somewhere between 5-7 mil. to get rid of him as I recall.

Teague was a decent LT for a while.

He was also paid like a superstar, and was flat out awful for his last few seasons on the Bills. When he was cut, he was signed for a very short time with Arizona and promptly released, yet it cost the Bills somewhere between 5-7 mil. to get rid of him as I recall.

294983[/snapback]

Fina you mean